PDA

View Full Version : A chat with Stephen King

Terry D
June 21st, 2013, 07:02 PM
Here's a link to a video chat with King promoting the start of the Under the Dome TV series. He takes questions about a variety of topics. Many are writing related.

Under The Dome Video - Live Chat feat. Stephen King - CBS.com (http://www.cbs.com/connect/events/archive/20/)

chris-mac
June 21st, 2013, 10:54 PM
Thanks very much for this. I idolise the man!:cool2:

Kyle R
June 22nd, 2013, 06:11 AM
Cool. Thanks for the link, Terry.

*Goes to watch*

FleshEater
June 22nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
It says not available. Perhaps because I'm on a mobile device?

Lewdog
June 22nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
I thought a few things were interesting. First is that Lord of the Flies is the scariest novel in Stephen King's mind. It definitely tells me that he is more a psychological guy than gore. Which I had already thought from his books I had read, but now I know for sure. I also thought it was interesting that he keeps notes on his own work, despite being a well-educated, veteran, best selling author, he doesn't have an ego too big to know what is efficient.

JosephB
June 23rd, 2013, 02:30 PM
I thought this was fun and pretty entertaining. But like a lot of author interviews, not particularly enlightening when it comes writing. However, I liked his attitude and that he seems to enjoy where he is and what he's able to do because of his success. I also liked the enthusiasm with which he answered even the most banal questions -- it seemed to indicate he really appreciates his fans. Anyway, it was a good way to kill a little time on a Sunday morning while I drink my coffee -- so thanks for posting, Terry. And I might even be a little more inclined to read a Stephen King novel at some point.

Justin Rocket
July 30th, 2013, 09:31 PM
I idolize his early work. Its about the individual or small group fighting organizational corruption. As a libertarian and one who has dealt with religious corruption, I can really get into that.

His new stuff is different. It seems to be about 'how does corruption emerge in an organization?' It doesn't appeal to me as much.