PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Things

InkwellMachine
June 17th, 2013, 04:35 AM

I really wanted to draw something that had a story behind it. I've grown tried of drawing character studies and tiny nonsense practice pieces. Hopefully this seems as rich in back story as it felt to me at conception.

To see the painting on DeviantArt, click here (http://coughin05.deviantart.com/art/Hidden-Things-378533493).

BreakingMyself
June 22nd, 2013, 08:44 PM
This is awesome, the vast blackness just adds to the mood of the main painting. I know it's all the perspective but the two people look physically small, not just because of the distance if that makes sense?

Gotta love it when the composition of the art makes you think like that.

NukeWithG
July 23rd, 2013, 11:43 AM
This is an epic painting. Maybe you could do a series of paintings in this style that compliment each other and hint of a long journey?

Staff Deployment
July 24th, 2013, 02:41 PM
I absolutely love it — you're right in that it implies a lot of backstory. They look tiny and fragile and miniscule. Yet they bravely hold off the darkness despite their size. Even if it's only for a little while, and even if the darkness will inevitably swallow them up like everything else. I don't even want to imagine what that gnarly brown thing off to the left looks like in its full grandeur (I lied — I do want to imagine and it's awesome).

Kyle R
July 24th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Awesome. I love it.

Have you submitted this anywhere for publication? :encouragement: