PDA

View Full Version : A youtube animaton I made in art school

TheYellowMustang
May 25th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Thought I might share this :)

It's sort of a stop-motion animation made with pencil- and marker-drawings. You'll have to excuse me for the emo-vibe (art-school took a temporary toll on my mental health), and it stutters a couple of times, but I'm pretty happy with the last half of it. Enjoy :)

Kings of Leon - Closer (stop motion "music video") - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqCBIBu_JQY)

ClosetWriter
May 26th, 2013, 09:36 PM
That was very impressive. How long did that take to make?

TheYellowMustang
May 26th, 2013, 10:22 PM
That was very impressive. How long did that take to make?

Thank you! We only had three weeks per project. I wish I could've gotten more time so I wouldn't have had to repeat some of the drawings to fill the song, but.. oh well.

Cran
June 27th, 2013, 09:32 PM
I believe the correct online response is:

Excellent work; thank you.

Gumby
June 27th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Oh, that is excellent! I hope you received good marks for that one, you deserve it. :)

vangoghsear
June 30th, 2013, 02:07 PM
That was very impressive. I love the emotion you got in the facial expressions. nice work on all the drawings and good fit to the music.

PiP
June 30th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Excellent!

I really enjoyed this :)

I particulary liked the way the graphics kept the same rhythmic beat as the music as they changed from one subject to the next. I thought the way the ballerina morphed to birds in flight, inspired :) When you dance, or play a musical instrument, music represents freedom of expression or spirit (for me it did). You have captured this beautifully, in my humble opinion.

OurJud
July 1st, 2013, 12:26 AM
Seriously good!! I can't imagine the headaches the editing process of that might have caused.