PDA

View Full Version : Nanolution - (Violence, language, adult themes)

Maz
April 2nd, 2013, 05:05 AM
Hi All,

You may have read my "Introduce Yourself" post, but if not, I want to explain my story a bit.

I have never written anything before, and this started off as I was bored and felt like writing something for the sake of it. After a while, it got some legs, and now its about 25-30k words long. I had no idea it was going to become something, and I did it for no purpose other than for fun.
Now that it is actually something, I am wondering if it is worth putting some serious effort into cleaning it up, and going for it. So I came here for opinions.
No-one has seen it, as I am too embarrassed to show anyone that I know in real life.

I want to stress, that this more ideas down as i think of them, and skipping bits that I know i should put in, but would ruin my train of thought. So i have a lot of <<insert blah blah blah dialogue here>> parts. And there is a lot of almost note taking moments in it.

Nevertheless, I know there is A LOT of work that needs to be done as far as cleaning/grammar paragraph/chapter layout etc..
I just want to get someone else's opinion of is the idea, the storyline interesting enough to go through and see where it takes me. Or is it complete rubbish and i should just continue it for fun because it amuses me?

Anyway, I know it's long, and I hope someone out there can be bothered giving it a go.

Thanks in advance,
A very embarrassed Maz

Maz
April 2nd, 2013, 06:52 AM
Just because I'm nervous, I feel the need to say this. If you do decide to read it, feel free to let me know as your going, because I'm assuming it will take a while to read, and I will have a breakdown if no-one says anything in days.. :)

NathanBrazil
April 2nd, 2013, 07:07 AM
Maz - I really like your up-front attitude. There might be someone willing to read that kind of length, but it sounds like it's a very rough draft. I would suggest that you find a part of your story ( probably not more than 2k in length) and clean it up, and then submit that.

I think there is also a thread that is more like a sand lot - a place to play around with ideas and get feedback. It's been so long I don't remember exactly where.

Saiknohx
April 2nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
So I made it through the first chapter, and so far I like the concept. The narration is an impersonal style that I don't really read too often, so it's refreshing. Aside from the usual things that need fixing (spelling, grammar, and needing to add in those parts you skipped) I think if you keep going with this it'll be good. I'll check out the next chapter soon.

Maz
April 4th, 2013, 09:29 AM
64 views and only 1 comment. Should I be worried?

moderan
April 4th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Not many people are going to download a file from someone they don't know. Try posting it in sections.

Maz
April 5th, 2013, 01:31 AM
That's disappointing. I was hoping for some feedback on whether the whole thing was interesting or just rubbish. Ah well, I guess ill just keep at it.

KRHolbrook
April 5th, 2013, 04:13 AM
I would take a gander at it, but I'd rather read it on the forum than download a file. :/ Sorry!

Maz
April 8th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Point taken. I've started rewriting the first part and will post when I have cleaned it up.

StevenW
April 9th, 2013, 01:35 AM
Ditto here. I'd be willing to read a thousand words or so. Get me hooked so I want to read more.

ZayneJ
April 13th, 2013, 07:39 AM
The choice of perspective is interesting, almost more like you are being read it by someone else.