PDA

View Full Version : Excited filmmakers question.

OLDSOUL
March 7th, 2013, 03:41 AM
What would you do if you had a house at your complete disposal? You could paint the walls, refurnish it and destroy the place. Knock down some of the walls or completely demolish the house if you wanted to.

I have this opportunity and I don't want to waste it.

Lewdog
March 7th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Give it to a homeless person that needs somewhere to live?

OLDSOUL
March 7th, 2013, 03:52 AM
It's being demolished so a family home can be rebuilt there. It's not mine to give out anyway, it's just mine to shoot in while it's standing and possibly after too. What'd you think I was just going to destroy a house that was perfectly fit to live in, for the sake of a film?

Lewdog, please.

Lewdog
March 7th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Let me say I hate the idea of destroying a perfectly good house...with that said, I think the best thing to do, would be to have a foam rave party and video tape it. You could make money charging people to get in, and get some good footage. Of coarse everyone would have to be 18 and sign a wavier that they are allowing you to video tape them.

Trilby
March 7th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Wow! What a great opportunity for a film-maker. It is just a pity that you don't have a project at the moment to fit the situation. That being said, I've no doubt that at some point in the future, when the house has long-gone you will have a dire need for such an house (s-law). Why not try to dig up a good ghost/horror/squatters story. Without a story to fit the bill, you could, while it still stands and during demolition, film the house from all angles with a selection of characters of all ages and in various costumes, and then when at a later date you need such a house you will have some film - you can always botch up a small area to replicate the inside. Good luck!

Mariner
March 8th, 2013, 09:53 AM
I'd do it up. For a film. Then give each bedroom to someone who Really needs it. Like a flat.

lightzonlycast
July 3rd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Or you could count up the number of rooms and then find that many filmmakers and say hey, here is a room for you to shoot in and do what you want with. See what they come up with, and document their journey. I'd watch a movie where each room was its own short film as well as watching the documentary about the people you choose and their process of creating a story out of one room.