PDA

View Full Version : six (Language)

muddy13001
February 25th, 2013, 08:19 AM
INT. RESTAURANT - NIGHT

A man, SAM, 46 tall and hansom with short black hair is sitting with a woman, ROBIN, 44, a nature beauty with long red hair, having dinner together.

SAM
Your left eye, its twitting.

Robin touches her eye and smiles.

ROBIN
Yeah, it does that sometimes.

SAM
I knew that, itís a little cute.

ROBIN
Oh really?

SAM
Yeah, but just a little.

Robin smiles as she takes the last sip of her wine.

ROBIN
Will getting it hurt like hell.

SAM
What happened?

ROBIN
I never told you?

SAM
Will when we were together we talking about me most of the time.

ROBIN
Your right, will I was 19 in my senior year of high school in my most hated class gym...

Sam tries not to laugh, but lets it out a little.

ROBIN (CONTíD)
Whatís so funny?

SAM
I have a feeling I know how this story goes.

ROBIN
Really?

SAM
Yeah.

ROBIN
Will how about you tell it then.

SAM
You want me to tell it?

Robin nods her head.

SAM (CONTíD)
OK, let me guess... it was in gym class, so you had to be playing basketball...

ROBIN
Good start.

Robin smiles.

SAM
Alright, so you were playing basketball and you where going down the court with the ball, you get to the three point line with a girl guarding you...

ROBIN
OK.

Robin smiles again.

SAM
You told your team where to go and call for a pick and you get it. You move to right and passed the ball so you can get the assist for a lay up...

A WAITER comes to the table with a bottle of wine in hand.

WAITER
Excuse me, would any one care for some more wine?

ROBIN
Yes please.

The Waiter pours the wine in Robinís glass half way to the top.

WAITER
And you sir?

Sam puts his hand on top of his glass.

SAM
No thank you, but I would like some more water.

WAITER
Alright, ill be right back with that.

SAM
Thank you.

The waiter left the table.

SAM (CONTíD)
Now, As you are running to the basket, from the corner of you eye, you see a cute guy looking at you with a smile...

Robin laughs.

ROBIN
Yeah.

SAM
And this guy is someone you had a crust on and didnít know if he had the same feelings, so you wanted to make sure that you let him know that you saw him smiling at you, so you smiled back...

The waiter comes back with a pitcher of water and pours it in Samís glass before leaving.

SAM (CONTíD)
Not having your head in the game. The ball had to tell you to get back in it, by hitting you in the eye, making you look like a idiot in front of that cute guy.

ROBIN
Wow... That was a good story.

SAM
Thank you, so was I close?

ROBIN
Was you close... I would say that you where close but far from right.

They both laugh.

SAM
Really, I thought I had it. Thatís what happened to a lot of the girls in my high school in the 80s.

ROBIN
Yeah, mine too, but not to me. I would wish that would have happened and not tripping on my own shoe laces making me fall face first on to a basketball on the ground.

SAM
Wow... will I see where I was close.

ROBIN
Yeah.

SAM
But in my story the basketball was moving.

ROBIN
Much better then one not moving at all.

SAM
True.

Sam and Robin looks at each other, a smile on each face. Robin takes a sip of her wine, her smile still there being seen through her glass. Sam watches her and smiles more. He takes her other hand.

SAM (CONTíD)
You know, its been a long time.

ROBIN
I know.

They look at each other some more, on smiles.

WOMAN (O.C.)
Oh my god.

Robin pulls her hand from Sam. A WOMAN sitting at a table next to them is about to cry as her boyfriend is on one knee in front of her.

BOYFRIEND
Weíve been together for some time now and... and... you know what I just forgot everything I was going to say so I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Baby I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?

The woman doesn't answer right away, she just looks at her boyfriend with eyes full of tears.

WOMAN
Yes.

Everyone in the restaurant claps as the boyfriend places the ring on her finger. Robin watches with a smile as she joins in clapping with everyone else. Sam is looks at his glass of water. Robin looks at Sam, knowing whatís wrong with him.

ROBIN
Hey.
(she takes is hand)
Lets go.

Sam looks at Robin and nods his head.

INT. SAM AND AMYíS HOME - DAY - 2007

AMY
Did you mail my litters?

SAM
(under is breath)
Shit.
(to amy)
I havenít got to it.

AMY
Are you serious?

SAM
Iím sorry, I just got busy with stuff.

AMY
The post office is right round the corner.

SAM
I know but, I just got busy with stuff.
(smiles)

Amy smiles as she kisses him.

AMY
Guess I have to do it myself.

SAM
No baby ill do it, donít worry about it.

AMY
No ill do it, if I donít it will never be done.

Amy grabs her letters and keys off the table and walks to the door, sam follows.

SAM
Donít say that, I did other things you ask me right away. It OK if I miss a few.

AMY
Itís been more then a few Sam.

Amy smiles at Sam before she opened the door and went outside. She walked to the car, got in, started it, and backed out of the drive way, and drove down the street. Amy stopped at the stop sign as some cars went by, when clear she took a left getting close to the post office. Amy takes a left into the post office parking lot and goes to the outside mailbox. Amy slide her letters in the mailbox then drives to the exit to get out of the parking lot and back on to the road. Amy waits for the cars to pass by. When amy turns right a car she didnít see hits the back on her car, making it flip over three times. Killing her on the second flip.

INT. HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT - PRESENT DAY
Sam and Robin are in bed, having rough and passionate sex. Robin moaning loud, Sam is too.

INT. ROBIN AND ROMANYíS BEDROOM - DAY

ROMANYís phone alarm goes off at 5:15, waking him up. He looks to his right and gives Robin a kiss to wake her up.

ROMANY
Baby... come on, get up, time to get up.

Robin opens her eyes to see Romany smiling at her, waiting for her to smile back. She does.

Robert_S
March 15th, 2013, 04:51 AM
I know this is a rough, but you need to work on your spelling. I was getting lost on that alone.

It's not "will" it's "well" and you use it too often throughout the dialog. It's making the actors sound like parrots. There is other spelling errors:

---Snip---
AMY
Did you mail my litters?
---Snip---

She's asking Sam if he mailed a group of puppies. Is that what you intended? I don't think you did. The word is "letters."

---Snip---
SAM
And this guy is someone you had a crust on and didnít know if he had the same feelings, so you wanted to make sure that you let him know that you saw him smiling at you, so you smiled back...
---Snip---

It's not "crust," it's spelled "crush," unless she threw a pie at him, then it would be crust.

Super00141
April 29th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Well written, and interesting. The title leaves allot of wonder, and gives little away. Good work!