PDA

View Full Version : Some paleo-drawings

Kentobu
February 24th, 2013, 05:44 AM
These are some of my newer drawings. I use a papermate .05 mm lead pencil and that's it. I'm a stubborn little loser and I'm paying for it. XD Nevertheless, these are some of my recent drawings that seem to be the most popular. If you want to see the rest of my work(animal photos, drawings, stories) you can go to my DA account. Warning, these pictures are of the highest order of nerddom. Hope you like Dinosawz. : D

This first one is a small species of Mosasaur attacking an unlucky pterosaur at night.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/224/2/d/death_from_below_by_the_real_kentobu-d5aw7k1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This piece is probably the best thing I've ever drawn(with a pencil). It's a spinosaurus trying to eat an onchopristis(giant sawfish). I worked for literally 2 hours to get the angle right, and I think that that literally made all the difference. I get the most "Oh wow!" comments and favorites on this piece.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/221/b/5/death_from_the_surface_by_the_real_kentobu-d5aibhw.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A pack of dire wolves. I know the trees above his head are god-awful, but I am just too lazy to go back and change them. If I do, I definitely need to make them darker. I was happy with most of the rest of the drawing though.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/236/2/9/_49__canus_dirus_by_the_real_kentobu-d5c9372.jpg

Thanks for checking out some of my work, and if I finish something new I'll probably post it in this thread if there is some interest.

Gumby
February 24th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I could see these in a childrens book on dinosaurs or nature. :) Nice!

Hemlock
February 24th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Just look at that sawfish! :surprise:

Circadian
February 24th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Cool. I like the first one.

Kentobu
February 24th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

@Gumby: Haha, now that yous say it, I almost can too.

@Hemlock: Glad you like him. Took me forever to get that darned saw to where I was happy with it.

@Circadian: Thanks as well. May I ask what makes you prefer it?

edinfresno
February 25th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Nice work. Not bad at all. I see you have an eye for form and, especially, subject layout. You have a bright future in graphic arts, I think. :)

Circadian
February 25th, 2013, 05:42 PM
@Circadian: Thanks as well. May I ask what makes you prefer it?

I guess I just like the shape of the Mosasaur's head and the way you drew the pterosaur. Your onchopristis is pretty cool too, though.

Kentobu
February 25th, 2013, 10:08 PM
@Edinfresno: Thanks a ton! I don't think I've ever had anyone praise my work to that degree. And fun fact, I was in a graphics pathway in High School, haha. Thanks again!

@Circadian: Ah, I was just curious. And thanks to you as well, yet again.

Joseph
April 2nd, 2013, 07:10 AM
I really like your style. Keep working at it and I'm sure you'll be able to express yourself in the best possible ways.

Arcopitcairn
April 6th, 2013, 11:31 AM
They're very expressive, and there's a kind of rustic charm here that I'm really digging! Fun stuff:)

Lyra Laurant
April 19th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Yay! Dinosaurs! *-*
Angles can be really tricky! Good job! ^^b

YourFaithfulStudent
May 2nd, 2013, 04:25 AM
I like how you're trying to position your creatures in different, more expressive ways.

Joe J. Calkins
May 31st, 2013, 06:54 PM
Nice work! I especially like the composition of the first one. It moves the viewer's eye nicely in a circular motion around the image.

TheWritingWriter
May 31st, 2013, 08:10 PM
I am a stubborn one myself, constantly settling for a mechanical pencil rather than that fancy crap my old roommate, who majored in graphic design, used to use.

I agree that these works would go well in a children's book. I especially like the first one. I think it's because of the scenery, and interaction between the two dinosaurs.

iMagine Creativity
June 1st, 2013, 07:13 AM
Keep up the good work, i believe the first one is probably the best.

escorial
June 4th, 2013, 08:10 PM
1st.. a bit solid and stiff
2nd..very clever,3 perspectives.breaking the surface,moving forward and the movement upwards..brill
3rd..the eyes catch your glance,move inside the cave then back outside again..the best one.