PDA

View Full Version : Oh, just some more... (mild language)

Kevin
February 20th, 2013, 12:50 AM
“There. All done. You see, you’re a writer.”

“No, I’m not a writer. I didn’t write that; the computer did.”

“Whatever. Those are your words. Now they’re recorded. Poof; done.”

“That’s not writing, it’s just a conversation, and half of those words are yours.”

“Okay, wiseass. Here-“

He reaches out and slides the laptop over to in front of him, types in a short description and then-

“See? Just throw some of that in there and whah-la.”

“Oh great, like filler in with your meatloaf. Real fancy.”

“That’s called a simile-“

“I call it crap. It’s crap. You can’t just copy a conversation. What about facial expression, voice tone, sound effects? I can’t even make a decent fart noise or copy that stupid expression on your face.”

“That’s all part of it. Figure it out or write around that stuff.”

“Still sounds like crap to me. If it’s so easy then-“

“’-why isn’t everyone doing it?’ A lot of people are. I didn’t tell you, you could be Hemmingway. I just said you could write. Besides, I’m you and you’re me, and we all just like to tell stories.”

He reaches outHe reaches out and then scratchesHe reaches over and wipes a piece of lint off the screen. He sits back and rubs his bulbous nosehis scrawny, pointy, sharp, friendlyHe can see his own reflection in the screen He stares at his scarred handsHis hands look scarredThe veins in his hands look The muscles His hands tremble as he thinks about…He farts loudly and hears a cry of disgust coming from the other room…He laughs, no, she laughs, he's a she, as the…

Ariel
February 20th, 2013, 01:37 AM
I'll have to stew on this.

cassie30
February 20th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Um what is this supposed to be?

Kevin
February 20th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Oh, nothing serious. Just playing around a bit. You know, like 'the writing process' or something...It's how I come up with stuff, at least one way. The last part is just possibilities.

Pluralized
February 20th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Kevin your frenzied voice comes across in everything you write. I love it.

nickthird
February 27th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Its fiction for writers, I liked it somewhat.
I'd rather there be something in mind reguarding the main character's persona (explicit / I prefer the theme/tone/structure to convey though).
I'd like there to be something uknown to expect: either a puzzle or the general goal of the main.