PDA

View Full Version : Showed my new Nikon what's outside the door...

Bloggsworth
January 30th, 2013, 03:07 PM

Terry D
January 30th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Very nice, Bloggsworth.

Gumby
January 30th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Quite stunning, Bloggsworth. The color on that little bird is wonderful. I especially love the contrast on those flowers, and that web looks so thick, as if it's yarn. :)

I hope to take my new camera outside this spring and get some great shots,too.

Bloggsworth
January 30th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Quite stunning, Bloggsworth. The color on that little bird is wonderful. I especially love the contrast on those flowers, and that web looks so thick, as if it's yarn. :)

I hope to take my new camera outside this spring and get some great shots,too.

Heavy frost...

tepelus
January 30th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Very nice!

Bilston Blue
January 30th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Lovely images Bloggs'. My eye was particularly drawn to the fragility of the robin's legs.

Trilby
January 30th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Great pictures, Bloggsworth.

I like the frost on the edge of the petals too.

I'm on a 10 wk, 'how to get the most from your digital camera' course - 3wks in and the main thing I've learned so far - I need to up grade to a new camera.

Bloggsworth
January 30th, 2013, 05:57 PM
A better camera won't make you a better photographer, better photographs will; first you have to learn how to "see" the picture, something I seldom do; I am in awe of those who consistently can, but like most other arts, it is a matter of time and input. Digital cameras make the practice bit a lot cheaper than it used to be, no more paying out for 5 rolls of slides to be developed then throwing 80% of then away on first viewing, than another 5% after a second look!

This was taken on a cheap Fuji compact - I wound up the blue and desaturated every other colour:

Trilby
January 30th, 2013, 06:46 PM
I understand about having an artistic eye - but still need a new camera.

Or to put it another way - I would love a new camera.

Bloggsworth
January 30th, 2013, 06:57 PM
I understand about having an artistic eye - but still need a new camera.

Or to put it another way - I would love a new camera.

Hence the new Nikon. I found I couldn't do without a proper viewfinder and manual focus. Gave my college my old Canon EOS600 + lenses.

dolphinlee
January 30th, 2013, 06:58 PM
My husband just bought a new 10 megapixel Nikon for 35/$50 on ebay. (not the proper sort with interchangeable lenses.

Apparently that is one of the best places to buy new or even second hand cameras

Bloggsworth I love the robin. Please make me feel better by telling me it is stuffed. By the time I manage to get my camera on the right settings the bird I want to photograph has built a nest, raised it's young and is off to pastures new.

Bloggsworth
January 30th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Bloggsworth I love the robin. Please make me feel better by telling me it is stuffed. By the time I manage to get my camera on the right settings the bird I want to photograph has built a nest, raised it's young and is off to pastures new.

It was stuffed shortly after, as I had put out its favourite nibbles in order to attract it. If I stand really still, it will take food from my hand.

vangoghsear
January 31st, 2013, 09:55 PM
Nice shots Bloggsworth.

Dylan_9711
March 28th, 2013, 05:14 PM
beautiful photography.