PDA

View Full Version : Pen line drawings

Ethan
January 20th, 2013, 01:57 PM
These are a few commissioned pieces from several years ago, I still illustrate but rarely professionally now more for my own amusement, My eyes are going and hands have forgotten the skill398839893990!they are drawn with Rotring pens on a plasticized medium (To prevent flooding)

Gumby
January 20th, 2013, 02:36 PM
The detail is amazing, Ethan! I know what you mean about the eyes and hands forgetting the skill, I'm right there with you. :) Thank you for sharing these.

Abbey08
January 20th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Isn't it great that so many of us poets are visual artists as well? These are beautiful Ethan, in the detail and texture especially.

Lorraine

tepelus
January 20th, 2013, 04:34 PM
These are awesome! I used to work with pens a long time ago, got a new set of Koh-i-noor Rapidograph pens for Christmas but haven't broke them out yet. I may do that soon.

Ethan
January 20th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks Guys, It's sad but true that age takes a toll. Not only could I not repeat these drawings, I can't, (without a stout pair of reading specs) see the work nor remember it!
I can remember vaguely the chimp with a cigarette was for an article on addition. (the chimp was from a Chinese Zoo 'I think',) and had become addicted to tobacco, but like the drawings I can't remember the detail.

dolphinlee
January 22nd, 2013, 12:47 AM
Wonderful poet and wonderful artist.

vangoghsear
January 24th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Nice. I had a drawing teacher in art school that taught us with a similar detailed style. Took the class to the local zoo for several weeks of class too.

Lewdog
January 24th, 2013, 02:40 AM
You could always be a shader for comic books. :)

Saeria
January 24th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Perfect detailing. The drawings seem aluve with movement.

Arcopitcairn
January 25th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Super cool! Did you sketch these out first or just draw them in ink?

Ethan
February 19th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks Guys,
they were drawn straight onto ozalid with the pens and shading is added on the back with pencils. The great thing about ink on ozalid is you can remove errors witha scalpel blade.