PDA

View Full Version : (C.21) The Personal Power Mantra

vcnavega
January 16th, 2013, 01:15 PM
“You said you want us to have fun and laugh. Do you want to tell me more of your grandmother’s sayings?”

“Sure, Sam, but not now. Now I’d like to tell you something about the Personal Power Mantra. I am afraid I gave you the wrong impression that my guru is an insensitive person, and the devotees are horrible people. They aren’t, and Gurudeva certainly isn’t.”

“What do you want to tell me about the Personal Power Mantra? I myself don’t even know the meaning of the word mantra.”

“The word mantra comes from Sanskrit, man means mind, and tra means protection and tool. Mantras are means of protection for our mind. They guard against against unproductive thoughts and actions. Mantras are the way we connect to the essence of the being, and when we reach deep levels of meditation, we experience that the one who repeats the mantra, the mantra itself, and its source are the same – it is our own sound, the vibration of our being. My beloved guru named the Personal Mantra ‘the Song of Your Life’.”

“I remember you mentioning this expression ‘The Song of Your Life’. When did I hear that?”

“You have a good memory. I mentioned it when I was talking about the chakras, and I said that my Gurudeva wrote a splendid book about them, and the name of that book is ‘The Song of Your Life’.”

“Yes, that’s right. I remember now. I am sorry to interrupt, Vilminha. Please, continue.”

“Gurudeva recommends that people meditate on their Personal Power Mantras, in order to awaken good things in life. When you do, you feel comfort, and a loving spirit. It is a universal awakening, the awakening of the genuine intelligence.”

“I suppose these mantras are in Sanskrit, and I find it very difficult to pronounce some of those words. I wonder how your guru was able to give so many mantras to all those people who, like me, would have some difficulty pronouncing them.”

“The right pronunciation doesn’t matter, what matters is the mood. Sort of the same way that it doesn’t matter what a lost child says when she’s crying out for her mother, the mother can still find her from the sound.”
“It is important to make the practice of meditation gradual and systematic, natural and not aggressive. By means of different mantras, many powers of the mind can be manifested, and obstacles will start to vanish.”
“A mantra will empower the mind and produce energy. Mantras flow in the form of waves throughout the body, making the endocrinal glands vibrate; this synchronizes the mind and the body. With the endocrinal glands balanced, our hormones create pleasant moods.”

“Does this happen with any kind of mantra, or does it have to be with the specific mantra given only to that specific person?”

“My guru grants each person a Personal Power Mantra according to the nature of the recipient. This lets the person extract from his chant all the benefits he wants. In his mantra he will be able to find all the tools he will need to solve all his problems and to overcome all his obstacles, as well as to conquer every challenge he’s meant to conquer. While one chants, he invokes divine energies that are revealed to him over time as the chanting endures. Gurudeva will grant a mantra to anyone who is sincerely seeking enlightenment, giving them the chance to receive this transcendental vision, and to meet the divinity that protects and enlightens their hearts.”

“How do they work?”

“Mantras use the same sorts of subliminal channels used by music and by advertising, but with more beneficial intentions. There is no need to intellectualize the meaning or the symbology of the mantra for its sound to have the desired effect. The resonant rhythm will work on the subconscious level, and will end up saturating conscious thought, which in its turn will affect the rhythm of the body.”

“You said that people wouldn’t have to follow any rules or regulations to use a mantra. They wouldn’t need to belong to your guru’s mission. You said that the mantra was given by your guru for those interested in meditation. But there must be tips your guru would give them for being more successful in their practice, right?”

“Actually there are many things my guru recommends. Remember, I was translating a booklet, when he was here in Brazil. That booklet was a material people would get when they received their mantras. In this little book my guru gives many recommendations to help people to be more successful in their practice of meditation. But there are other things I could also tell you.”

“Such as?”

“One such suggestion my guru would give is to pronounce the mantra loudly during the first minutes of the morning. This makes it quite efficient, since it keeps reverberating in the silence, mentally, during the whole day. The mantra reinforces its power over the body and the mind, promoting harmony and order. All our daily activities find a new rhythm, and everything dances under the rhythm of the mantra. If we choose to chant the mantra in the early hours of the morning like this, it will generate energy to overcome idleness. If we choose to use a slow mantra, it will help us to obtain a state of relaxation and calm that lasts throughout the day.”

“‘A slow mantra’? Sorry, Vilminha, I don’t understand what this means.”

“I don’t want to get into the depths of this subject. My guru didn’t invent any of this. The Personal Power Mantra comes from an ancient tradition, which has been experienced by thousands of generations of people who value the practice of spiritual life. The importance of the mystic sounds has been known since the Vedic times. The phonemes discovered during the meditation express states of mind related to the cosmic structure, and are hard to explain in profane terminology. In Vedic times, experiences like that were known, even though there are few documents that conveyed this information, and most of them are just images, symbols, and allusions. You know, me Sam, I could go on and on.”

“I would like you to, but I understand you wanted me to know that your guru and the devotees are very special people. That was your main point, wasn’t it?”

“Exactly. You see, Sam, the mantra itself doesn’t hold any power.”

“It doesn’t? Now I am confused again.”

“No, it doesn’t. There are many precious mantras that can be found in books, even on the Internet, and there are many powers associated with them, but unfortunately there is only one truth: those mantras are worth nothing if they are not given by a spiritual master, who knows your interior nature, and grants you a mantra according to that nature. The devotees and I are fortunate to know Srila Bhagavata Bhusana Gurudeva, who has given us this divine gift out of compassion. We’ve been blessed with this kind of chance, the opportunity to belong to this group of seekers, who can use our mantras to attain illumination. This whole attempt would be just a waste of time, if it wasn’t for the fact that we received the mantra from the hands of a trustworthy master.”

“Oh, now I see what you are saying. You’re saying that your guru has the ability to empower the mantras. And as I could understand it, he is also able to channel the right mantra for each person.”

“Exactly. This is so rare. You can’t find anyone else like him, even in India. And this is why the devotees serve him with so much care. They don’t want anybody to treat him like an ordinary person. Everybody who has experienced the wonders of the mantra feel very grateful, and the best way to express gratitude is by serving their spiritual master. The devotees are just trying to do that. If their egos interfere with their service, it means they are being purified. I am also being purified, Sam. I have a big ego myself, and I do want to serve my guru, out of gratitude. I can’t deny that I myself, humbly, have experienced the wonders of the mantras I have received from my beloved Gurudeva.”

“I thank you for having explained all this to me. I didn’t know any of it. Now I can understand why you did everything you did to host your guru in Brazil, and why you followed him to so many other countries, why you went to India on those pilgrimages, you, your brother, and your ex. Now I can understand.”

“I knew you would, Sam. You have a beautiful heart. I love you!”

“I love you, Vilminha, although here, now, I should call you Sundari Shakti.”

“Many names, many ‘me’, but I am all yours, Sam. Don’t ever forget that.”

“I won’t.”

“So let’s embrace.”

“Is this tight enough for you?”

“It is never tight, it is never loose, it is always you, you and I. And that is what I like.”