PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Book Cover

Arcopitcairn
November 27th, 2012, 09:26 PM
So I'm working on a cover for an anthology book of zombie/fairy tales. Thought I'd just go with a Tinkerbellish fairy about to get grabbed and munched. Just sent it to the colorist today.

cheezyb10
November 28th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Pretty cool, and surely unique.

Don V Standeford
December 18th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Very nice. Wouldn't mind seeing it when it's colorized.

Arcopitcairn
December 18th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Colorist is nearing completion. Hope it looks good!

Dunluchyn
December 28th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Ohhh.....poor Tinkerbell

MisterZhifei
December 29th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Did you make/draw that yourself? If so, that's brilliant!

Arcopitcairn
December 29th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Why, thank you:) Yep, drew it with my own two hands and inked it with a pen.

Arcopitcairn
January 2nd, 2013, 02:10 AM
Got it back from the colorist. I like it:)

Arcopitcairn
January 2nd, 2013, 02:24 AM
Also did a prelim cover for a rat horror anthology. Tried for a dirtier, more gritty style.

Pluralized
January 2nd, 2013, 02:38 AM
You are a supremely talented artist!

Ever design tattoos? I could see that style translating well to skin art. I know that market's flooded with hacks, but your stuff is Gnarly, with a capital G!

Abbey08
January 2nd, 2013, 04:23 AM
I like what you got back from the colorist; coloration makes all the difference, doesn't it? I would call your rat one bloodier, instead of dirtier.

You are talented!

Lorraine

Arcopitcairn
January 2nd, 2013, 09:31 PM
You are a supremely talented artist!

Ever design tattoos? I could see that style translating well to skin art. I know that market's flooded with hacks, but your stuff is Gnarly, with a capital G!

Never did consider tattoos. Don't care for the practice, to tell the truth. Thanks for the compliment, though!

Vitaly Ana
January 3rd, 2013, 04:03 PM
Great stuff!! The color makes all the difference. I'd love to know the story behind the Tinkerbell work. Have you written a poem about it yet? Take care :)

Arcopitcairn
January 3rd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Glad you like it! It's for a zombie/fairy tale anthology that's coming out this spring. It's gonna be the cover. I was trying to think of fairy tale things I could draw with zombies. It came down to Snow White and 7 zombie dwarfs, A zombie Little Red Riding Hood menacing a fearful Big Bad Wolf, or the Tinkerbell-ish fairy about to get grabbed and eaten like a chicken leg. I thought the foreshortening of the zombie hand was catchy and dramatic, so that's the one I went for. So, no poem, but who can say? It'd be a sad one for Tinkerbell, that's for sure.