PDA

View Full Version : Not what I expected

dolphinlee
October 27th, 2012, 08:05 PM
This is taken late at night. The web is under an external light.

The next web is between two sliding window. On the outside is the netting to stop bugs getting in. This is the window I look out of while I am on the computer. I watched the web being built over the weeks. I didn't clean the windows because I did not want to disturb the spider.

Potty
October 27th, 2012, 08:49 PM
*stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp*

Abbey08
October 27th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I really like the first one. I think it's amazing what happens to light in that kind of a situation. I don't really see the web in the second one; I'm wondering if we'd get a better sense of the web itself if you changed the depth of field to get rid of the bug screen being so dominant. Right now, that spider in #2 looks like he's on a specimen slide :smile:

Lorraine

dolphinlee
October 27th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Abbey08

I wish I had a decent camera. The web is a tunnel with a funnel of web on the top and the bottom. Unfortunately the web has collapsed and I won't be here next year to try again.

Gumby
October 28th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I like the first one, very neat. :)

In the second one, it's hard for me to get over the *stomp* urge, gut reaction. :) Though in reality, the way the spider has made it's web trap, is interesting, almost looks like a tornado formation.

Abbey08
October 28th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Abbey08

I wish I had a decent camera. The web is a tunnel with a funnel of web on the top and the bottom. Unfortunately the web has collapsed and I won't be here next year to try again.

Now there's the pity because I think that #2 could be very cool. Here's hoping that in your future is an inexpensive DSLR; you have a good eye and need to pursue your photography.

Lorraine

Dunluchyn
November 3rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
Love the first one...that is brilliant.