PDA

View Full Version : Silverling

Rilto
October 22nd, 2012, 12:12 AM
This morning, when I went out to feed the chicken, the sun was shining on a large shrub with feathery flowers (or seeds, not sure what they really are) that halfway blocked the gate to the chicken run. I cut some branches and took them upstairs, decided it was a nice project for a painting. I started playing with oil paints in 2011, without any other visually creative background than 3 1/2 decade of hobby photography. (Still haven't warmed up to digital cameras...)

Anyway, this is what I did this afternoon - oil on canvas board, 8x10, as always a pain to photograph, especially with these muted colors. Although Ott-bulbs do make it a lot easier.

Silverling (what would we do without Google??)

Detail:

Gumby
October 22nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
Beautiful flowers and you've done a nice job of capturing the colors. I would love to try my hand at oil painting, someday. It's on my list of things to attempt, before I die. :)

Rilto
October 22nd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Gumby, thanks for your kind words. :-)

Don't put it off! I find that it's very helpful to have a dedicated area for my painting, so I have a guest room set up. That way I can just go in and start without spending ages arranging and then breaking it back down again.