PDA

View Full Version : Fall shots

Gumby
October 20th, 2012, 03:47 AM
My woods are alive with color these days. When the sun hits the trees they almost look like they're on fire sometimes.

Kevin
October 20th, 2012, 06:53 PM
These are lovely. I miss that. Around here the only natural fall colours are brown, straw yellow, and grey. There is one exception; the Toxicodendron diversilobum turns a brilliant red before shedding it's leaves. We haven't had a cold snap yet, so generally the leaves are just drying brown and wilting off. The plant is an excellent creaper/ espalier and demands little maintenance. It actually demands it, or else. :)

Toxicodendron diversilobum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxicodendron_diversilobum)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxicodendron_diversilobum

Gumby
October 21st, 2012, 01:58 AM
Thank you, Kevin. Having lived close to "lawzanjelleez", for most of my adult life, I know exactly what you mean about the lack of color in the changing seasons, in fact, there isn't a great deal of change at all. :)

Rilto
October 23rd, 2012, 01:12 AM
Gorgeous! The blue sky makes me want to take deep breaths, just looking at the pictures! I hope to get to go up to the Blue Ridge once this fall, to take pictures of the colors (and maybe visit just one winery...).

dolphinlee
October 28th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I particularly enjoy the first photo. Not only are the colours beautiful but the POV is unusual, a rare thing.

I am enjoying my last Canadian winter. (Moving to the England for a while).

Out of my study window is the most beautiful Canadian maple which is displaying it's autumn finery, I feel, just for me.

wmpthree
November 1st, 2012, 01:05 AM
Incredible. . . Especially the last one. I only wish autumn could last more than a week in NE Ohio. . .

Potty
November 1st, 2012, 01:12 AM
You know that 'fall' is all about trees having their anual poo right?

Cran
November 1st, 2012, 07:19 AM
You know that 'fall' is all about trees having their anual poo right?

It's Nature's Annual Fashion Strip Revue,
a riotous strut on the catwalk and then
a brazen blazing exposure of bare limbs,
daring designers to do better next time.

Only a potty could equate the act of undressing
with the impending elimination of wastes.

Potty
November 1st, 2012, 09:41 AM
It's true, during autmn they pump all their bad bits into the leaves and then grab a newspaper.

Kevin
November 1st, 2012, 02:01 PM
It's true, during autmn they pump all their bad bits into the leaves and then grab a newspaper. Trees make a dooty. Something new I can tell all my friends.

Gumby
November 1st, 2012, 08:20 PM
Only you, Potty, would make such a comparison. :)

Kevin
November 1st, 2012, 10:40 PM
Thank you, Kevin. Having lived close to "lawzanjelleez", for most of my adult life, I know exactly what you mean about the lack of color in the changing seasons, in fact, there isn't a great deal of change at all. :) The upper Arroyo Seco should be in full bloom of red leafed glory. I haven't been there since the Station fire. There's nothing quite like a hot shower on a body full of red pointillism, but I just can't stay away.

I'll miss the image of comely kept boots by the cozy fire. *sigh* Nice turkey :)

Cran
November 2nd, 2012, 12:50 AM
It's true, during autmn they pump all their bad bits into the leaves and then grab a newspaper.
Like trees, we also remove toxins in natural fluids (oils and saline solutions)
via our outer covering -
unlike trees, we do it every day of the year, requiring multiple shedding
of clothes, and bathing;
or else face isolation due to the odorous effects of the toxins.

I imagine that if the process were limited to a single season,
our clothes would also drastically change colour, and fall off.

The rest of us call it perspiring or sweating.