PDA

View Full Version : Another WIP

Gumby
October 13th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I'm still cleaning this one up and correcting at a pixel level, but it's the same deal as the wizard thread, a graphite drawing with effects layered over it.3538

Potty
October 13th, 2012, 10:47 PM
A secret crush, Gumby?!

Gumby
October 13th, 2012, 11:10 PM
A secret crush, Gumby?!

Shhhhh! You will speak of this to no one! Remember Bazz's story and the Hessian sack? Mmmmuuuwaaahaha!

Olly Buckle
October 13th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Shhhhh! You will speak of this to no one!Now leave and find the Golden child. :)

Nice work, I like the textures on the 'frame'

garza
October 14th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Can you steer me to a good tutorial on learning to do this? Charcoal, oil, and water colour all have their attractions, and I'll never give them up (nor the camera, for that matter) but this is another craft I'd love to learn.

Edit - Forgot to mention - this is boootiful.

Gumby
October 14th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Thank you, Olly and garza. I'm having a lot of fun playing around with these.

There are a lot of programs out there, Adobe Photoshop being the big one. I actually have that one, but find it's too complicated for me and I haven't taken the time to learn it, yet. The program I've used here is simply the free one provided by Photobucket. They have an advanced editing which is pretty simple to use, and you can zoom in to clean up at the pixel level, along with the basic editing in which you can add effects and layers. Since Photobucket is free, it's a pretty sweet deal, garza. :)

HKayG
October 15th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I am loving it, honestly I do - but isn't something about his posture very... camp?

I think I love it more because of it.

Gumby
October 16th, 2012, 01:06 AM
I am loving it, honestly I do - but isn't something about his posture very... camp?

Absolutely, camp is a good description. :) He's very much striking a pose. I suspect he's a conceited type of man, er, snake, um, snakeman.

toddm
October 18th, 2012, 03:08 AM
cool effect, bizarre image, must have some meaning that I'm unaware of : )
---todd

dolphinlee
October 28th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I particularly like the face. The expression reminds me of an akido master I once saw - supremely confident about his abilities and ready for action. All that is a few lines - well done.

I do like the edges and the fact that there is light behind and dark in front.

Abbey08
October 29th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Thank you, Olly and garza. I'm having a lot of fun playing around with these.

There are a lot of programs out there, Adobe Photoshop being the big one. I actually have that one, but find it's too complicated for me and I haven't taken the time to learn it, yet. The program I've used here is simply the free one provided by Photobucket. They have an advanced editing which is pretty simple to use, and you can zoom in to clean up at the pixel level, along with the basic editing in which you can add effects and layers. Since Photobucket is free, it's a pretty sweet deal, garza. :)

Ok Cindy,
I am very jealous! Photoshop? The full Photoshop? All I have is Photoshop Elements :crushed: There is definitely a learning curve. I have one of those "Missing Manual" books but....I think the best way is to jump in and play with it! And ALWAYS make sure you're modifying a copy of your original :nightmare: I've known that forever, and still made the mistake just a couple weeks ago :(

I've done my fair share of work at the pixel level :( As you plod along, you've got to keep telling yourself that the final image will be fantastic and that it will be worth all the work!

By the way, full Photoshop is pricey; Photoshop Elements is less than $100.

Lorraine