Spellbound
Sorcerer's Superette (kidding)

Again, play with surnames....
Fitzwalter's
Blackbands
Quinsberry's etc etc

Jeko
June 8th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I always like using names for magical places: Sifflestone's Staff emporium, for example. People's names can easily reflect the style of place you want to make

Stephanie Andromeda
June 8th, 2012, 05:24 PM
"Lupescu" is a good vampire surname. It's Romanian, and comes from the Latin root meaning "wolf", so there's some good pseudo-symbolism right there. If you're having a human character visit your vampire shop, you might add "bar and grill" onto the sign, just to set your readers on edge.
For a magic shop, it all depends on what sort of effect you're going for. If you're looking to conjure up images of Arthurian legend or whatnot, some Welsh surnames work, for instance, "Rhydderch". If you're just going for an in general "magical" feel, you might use obsolete English words, the way J.K. Rowling did. So, maybe your Wizard's last name is "Jargogler" meaning "one who confuses, or jumbles", or "Hoddypeak" meaning "a fool". If you're going for more of an occult theme, flip through the Bible or a textbook on Babylonian mythology and look for names that sound cool, like "Dagon" or "Gedaliah".

Lunary
June 9th, 2012, 03:33 AM
i need a magical name for a magic jewelry store

Stephanie Andromeda
June 9th, 2012, 03:47 AM
How about "Jargogler's Jem Emporium"?

Koechophe
June 13th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I'm writing a story as well, and naming is something that I have a very hard time with.

What i've found as a helpful trick is to go to google translate. Once there, you put a word in that is a general adjetive or noun that fits your character. Then translate it into a bunch of languages to see if something fits.

In my story, the protagonist is Named Mykur, which is drawn from Myrkur, which is icelandic for Darkness. Just something that has worked for me in the past.