PDA

View Full Version : cultural exchange

Kevin
May 13th, 2012, 01:45 AM
"Ooh! Ooh! Hot! Hot! Hot!...water!

"Here. Eat some of the potatoes, too."

"Damn it, that's hot! Are you tryin' to kill me? What is that stuff?"

"It's called 'Tapatio'. My cousin sent it to me. She claims over there, it's the new ketchup."

"And where's that exactly, Hell?"

"No Dear, Santy Monica."

tshuki
May 15th, 2012, 09:11 AM
This dialogue has a lot of character! It's a pity it's so short...

Kevin
May 17th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Thanks T. It was one of those little shorts that came to me while I was on my commute to work. I thought about some more lines but I didn't think they helped. I had a mental picture of a couple at the dinner table and what happens when the 'hubby' tries out a new condiment. We have two popular 'hot sauses' made locally. They're both chile pepper derived. One is Mexican style(Tapatio brand) the other is Thai(Srichacha brand) Both are not mild.

ClusterChuck
May 20th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I assume the cruel one is female? Why is that, i wonder?

Probably a bored wife.

This piece is very fieldy and begs to be explored. Maybe this belongs at the begiing of a short story. A flashbacky memory upon waking?

Kevin
May 23rd, 2012, 03:08 AM
Cluster: Did I stimulate your musings or am I revealing my own latent misogeny? I hope not the latter.

ClusterChuck
May 23rd, 2012, 06:12 AM
The former I'd assume.

This is the sort of dialouge that usually introduces fallen heros at one in the afternoon as they wake up to the sight of an empty bottle of jack on the nightstand and a bitter taste of divorce and impotent rage in the back of his throat. Your slight collection of gathered words do spring forth possibilities. I love to see a fleshed out world behind these in particular.