PDA

View Full Version : excerpt : a "message" (mature theme)

Kevin
April 25th, 2012, 01:04 PM
"Darling, you're not going to share any of our 'correspondences', are you? I was just kidding with you anyway, pulling your leg, you know? Okay, I meant all of them, but you must understand, it's my Martha. She's not very open-minded. She wouldn't get it at all. So please, let's keep this all under our hats, shall we? - Arthur Primrose

p.s.- I'll contact you later."

Reading this, at first she was furious. But as she said the word, "Ba*t*rd!" aloud, tears began forming, and then she just sat there, sobbing uncontrollably.

alixer
December 29th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Interesting! I'd like to read more to see what lead up to this point... story of infidelity perhaps? Overall a very powerful excerpt.

Kevin
December 29th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Interesting! I'd like to read more to see what lead up to this point... story of infidelity perhaps? Overall a very powerful excerpt. It was an idea that I didn't think I could sustain into a complete story, but yes, infidelity. The married man has written a letter or note to his recently spurned (dumped) lover. He's concerned that she might expose their relationship. I think I had it in mind that his wife was the one with the money. He wants 'have his cake and eat it.'

For me, it was an experiment with language. He speaks in a manner which I find archaic or foreign, so it was just practice. I'm pretty new to writing, or at least very inexperienced, so it's all practice. Thank you, though- Kevin.

ps- I look for to seeing your work (whenever you're ready to share some of it) :)