PDA

View Full Version : Contrast in natural light (photoMontage)

grant-g
April 5th, 2012, 07:56 AM
this was four pictures I took at different times, on different days. these are just camera phone shots windowed together with gimp 2.6. This in no way constitutes photography.

K. Altan
June 9th, 2012, 03:14 PM
It's very interesting. I especially like the way the light bounces off the water in the ocean picture. I also like the way you take a picture of the window and then take a picture of the light coming from the window.

garza
June 9th, 2012, 03:32 PM
What do you mean, 'This in no way constitutes photography.' Of course it's photography. What else could it be? Perhaps it does not suit some fanciful elitist notion about what photography should be, but such notions should be wrapped in old newspapers, tied with a string, and tossed in the tip waiting for the big truck that comes on Tuesdays. You have four studies of light and dark which you have combined in a montage of your liking. The studies were produced with a camera. This is photography. Show us more of your work.

wyf
June 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM
yes I checked the big book of stuff and it says use of photographs constitute photography.

And the way you arranged them is quite artful too.

grant-g
June 16th, 2012, 07:01 PM
its very inspiring ... I think one of the most amazing things is all the different ways the sun shines through on objects .. i do like my Android. it happens to come with probably the best camera I've ever owned. :)) thank you guys for the great comments!