PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft- wild in the streets

Kevin
February 21st, 2012, 03:54 AM
"Hey Dad, something happened in 'minecraft' today."

"Oh ya, what?"

"I was in this place and there were a bunch of other "players" there , too."

"A place. So? What place?"

"A message came on, saying that there was going to be an event, so I clicked on it and I was transported to this place. It was this big room made mostly of glass. I was there for a few minutes waiting for something to happen. There were like, a dozen other players there, and nothing really was going on, except this one guy was chasing other people around with a sword. Someone asked me 'What are we doing here?' and then this other person said 'I don't know, but I think I'm going to start breaking things' and then all hell broke loose. Everybody just started destroying the place and then someone said 'They're breaking everything'. Then a message from the mods told us to stop. We all got shut out from the game and had to re-log in."

riverdog
February 21st, 2012, 10:10 PM
I like this. (The parentheses are aweful). It had a real honesty about it that I find true and real. Well done.

Kevin
February 22nd, 2012, 01:30 AM
rd,
Regarding the parentheses, I often struggle with these, as well as italics, quotes and other "symbols", by which I mean things that we type that are not letters. Often, I want give some added piece of information or add emphasis, without disturbing the reader's train of thought. I thought about using an asterisk * and then putting that offending sentence down below. I really didn't want explain too much about the game because the whole thing's not very long anyway. You'd think that after all these years of reading that you'd just know this stuff, but I've realized that reading really is a different 'muscle' than writing. I mean, how can you spell a word wrong that you've seen in written form a million times? And yet, I still do it all the time.

riverdog
February 22nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
Just kill it. Show no mercey. Take that offending sentence out back, behind the wood shed, kneel him down and put a.45 slug in him. Easy.

I am not a gamer, and never have been. But I get the game explaination fine from diaglogue. Job done.

james89000
April 1st, 2012, 10:30 AM
This amuses me :)