PDA

View Full Version : Iphone Worship :D

Flapjack
July 22nd, 2011, 09:47 AM
Please don't be to harsh here. I had a funny idea and whipped it together very quickly. More for a joke and some light practice than anything else.

http://i55.tinypic.com/20h2ejn.jpg

Feel free to tell me what all is wrong with it. :P

I have a solid grasp of the PS but I know so little about putting together a nice composition.

Jinxi
July 22nd, 2011, 02:01 PM
Lol. This is very cool Flapjack!

I would maybe try lighten the image of iPhone a bit though, so it shows up a bit more.

Other thing that appeared a little strange to me is your spelling of 'worshipers'. I usually spell it as 'worshippers', but I now see that there is more than one accepted way of spelling of it, so never mind that :D

writerinCA
July 22nd, 2011, 11:38 PM
It looks great!

maybe make the icons the only colored things in the photo.

Amber Leaf
August 3rd, 2011, 02:24 PM
Love the idea. It could do with an apple in the picture too and maybe some lightening.

Foxee
August 3rd, 2011, 03:03 PM
LOL! It's a great idea, Flapjack. I like Amber's suggestions, too.

Gumby
August 3rd, 2011, 03:23 PM
Very clever! I could see the lightening bolts and the apple too. :)

Amber Leaf
August 3rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
Was thinking something like this would be good.

Syren
August 4th, 2011, 12:24 AM
The only thing wrong with it is it's an iphone. DROID. ftw.

elite
August 4th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Please don't be to harsh here. I had a funny idea and whipped it together very quickly. More for a joke and some light practice than anything else.

http://i55.tinypic.com/20h2ejn.jpg

Feel free to tell me what all is wrong with it. :P

I have a solid grasp of the PS but I know so little about putting together a nice composition.

Depth of field and lighting are the biggest problems here. The levels don't really match, and it looks like the clouds are behind the moon. The composition isn't bad, but the next step is using HDR effects to normalize the lighting and making sure things look like they are there.

To illustrate what I mean, I took your image and first applied a normalizing gaussian layer (inverted, overlay blurred version of the image), and then another gaussian layer in hard light (not inverted, and not as blurry)

http://sadpanda.us/images/596424-HMKLXYB.jpg

Winston
August 4th, 2011, 01:42 AM
From an anthropomorphic view, I'd have as much fun with IPhone nuts as you can, while you can. Natural selection will cause them do die out within a generation.

Most will walk out into traffic whilst hypnotized, or walk into poles (self-inducing concussions) or some other form of distracted self abuse. Fork in an eye, plugging an electrical cord into a cat... you name it.

The ones not killed or maimed will simply forget how to mate. Unless they can download an app for that. But they're too busy playing Angry Birds for that kind of effort anyway.

Raleigh
May 1st, 2015, 10:15 PM
._. you must really love your phone :] But nonetheless, really good picture.