PDA

View Full Version : Channels-Short Story-263 words

J.P.Clyde
January 26th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Channels

by J.P.Clyde

As I sit here today, on the couch...feeling pretty sorry for myself...I think not. I flip through many channels, many of the telvision channels. News, disaster, pain, and joy. Learning, cooking, pleasure, experience, and science. Back and forth, back and forth.

With just one eye to focus on the world. Just one eye. And yet everything is so clear to me as if I had two. With no job, no experience, I have no life. Maybe if I read this back one day, I will just laugh at my naivety. With no home to go to, for they who were parents left you. With no friends to guide you, for they do not exist in your paranoid delusions and schizophrenic mad dreams.

You are alone. You sit on the couch watching the channels go bye and every night, at the same time you feel you want to rot away. Not die, not kill yourself. Just rot. Just let life slip away until you become decrapited, old, and dead. To remember everything as a skeleton on your couch.

You hope no one finds you. You hope no one misses you. Because then you'd look like the asshole within your dreams. But reality has proven that your fantasies are far better then what lies truly in front of you.

No hope, will it always be this way?

No family, it will always be this way...they who broke ever ounce of trust within a family structures.

No friends, for they will betray you and steal your mind.

Always alone on the television channels.

mytalkingbird
January 27th, 2011, 11:20 PM
J.P. Clyde,

I read the piece and I noticed your a little heavy in your wording, it doesn't flow right. Then, when you switched around to using 'You', it confused me; exactly what are you talking about? A person watching television, or some insane channel program watching from the television? Maybe you didn't think that far at all. Oh, well, I hope this helped a little.

J.P.Clyde
January 28th, 2011, 01:36 AM
J.P. Clyde,

I read the piece and I noticed your a little heavy in your wording, it doesn't flow right. Then, when you switched around to using 'You', it confused me; exactly what are you talking about? A person watching television, or some insane channel program watching from the television? Maybe you didn't think that far at all. Oh, well, I hope this helped a little.

I'm on the spectrum.

But with this piece, its the main character talking to you. Trying to relate to you.

So its like when your friends are talking to you and they say, "You're really into the video game"

The main character is talking to you. Relating to you. And he's rotting away watching television. Flipping the channels back and forth.

jj1027
January 28th, 2011, 01:46 AM
It is a pretty interesting piece, and I like it. I see what you're doing with the 'you.' Seems to work for the story.

J.P.Clyde
January 28th, 2011, 02:01 AM
It is a pretty interesting piece, and I like it. I see what you're doing with the 'you.' Seems to work for the story.

Awesome. lol.

Glad you liked it. Brings joy when people enjoy it.