PDA

View Full Version : Clothes Hamper - 604 words

Sync
December 28th, 2010, 04:51 PM
*I'm taking a break from writing forums for a while, but will say that this is a great site to be a member of and I thoroughly enjoyed my time here*

thank you for all the thoughts and any and all the pieces, and for the lessons I've learnt from all of you

Have a great 2011 :)

shadows
December 28th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Hi Sync

I did enjoy this. Very entertaining read. You brought the dirty clothes to life (darn those odd socks. Where does the mate go?) . I don't know what the aim of the exercise was but it works well as fast flowing dialogue - not bogged down with description of setting etc, which isn't needed. Also liked the plays on words and thepanic when HE went commando.

Cleverly written and for a change I just wanted to enjoy the read without critiquing.

SilverMoon
December 28th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Sync! An absolutely brilliant use of Anthropormorphism where one refers to attribution of human characteristics to animals or non-living things. I was delighted, interest captured all the way through and plenty a laugh here and there. Very well executed. Silver

Some Call Me tim
December 28th, 2010, 07:49 PM
What a clever idea. I liked the puns throughout. A good story is full of puns.

I only had one grammar niggle,

“Hang on, buddy. It’s almost Wash Day.” Briefs called out reassuringly. this should be “Hang on, buddy. It’s almost Wash Day,” Briefs called out reassuringly.

Sync
December 28th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Thank you all for the read and your thoughts on this.

Glad you enjoyed just for the read, Shadows, sometimes its nice to be able to write/read for that.

I am glad you explained what that word was, Silver, 'cause I had no friggin idea to be honest. Saved me a google :)

Tim, correct about that fullstop, it should be a comma, i'm just learning more about them, changing my views so still get stuck on old habits.

thank you all for your time,

Appreciated

Sync