Page 1 of 1081 1234567891151101201501 ... LastLast

Thread: LM Coffee Shop

Blog Entries

LM Coffee Shop

General LM discussion, questions welcome here.
    C.A.

can we do more than one?

kintaris

Blog Entries
    Nope.
    C.A.

I hope you mean we won't do more than one at a time? But if, for example, we participate in June's LM we can still participate in July's, correct?
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury
    Ellipses are my minions, they... do my bidding, mwahahahha!
    http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,speculative.png

I hope you mean we won't do more than one at a time? But if, for example, we participate in June's LM we can still participate in July's, correct?
    Correct

Well, after botching it all up and messing up the thread, I finally got what a sonnet is and iambic pentameter means. Sorry guys - but at least I learned something. I'm off to have a little breakdown till I recover. huni.

(I still can't make those weird codes work.)
    each time we see the face ...it is our own ideas of him which we recognize. Proust

Don't worry about it, Huni. While LM is a little more structured than Writing Challenges we don't demand absolute perfection. Everyone is entitled to a few mistakes (or, if you’re as bad as I am, dozens) and like you said, at least you learned something. That's one of the reasons why I chose sonnets in the first place - to get the members to try something a little different than what they are used to and maybe learn in the process.

As for the codes, have you read this?

--DM--
    "When you catch an adjective, kill it. No, I don't mean utterly, but kill most of them—then the rest will be valuable." - Mark Twain

What's the next LM?
    "I cannot fiddle, but I can make a great state of a small city." -Themistocles

"Conrad transcended all the rules. There have been, perhaps, greater novelists, but I believe that he was incomparably the greatest artist who ever wrote a novel." -H.L. Mencken

I'm assuming that you're asking whether it will be a prose or poetry competition because the actual theme is a secret until the big day.

It really depends on who runs the next comp. If I'm the one to do it, we've talked about letting each entrant choose between writing a short story or poem based on a particular subject. If Pawn is back in time, he may go with that or he could have something else in mind already.

Edit: Never mind. It looks like the next LM will be a prose competition.
    "When you catch an adjective, kill it. No, I don't mean utterly, but kill most of them—then the rest will be valuable." - Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    In case anyone was wondering, yes, this thread did used to be randomly named 'Free Love,' and yes, I have shamelessly repurposed it. I felt the addition of a few beanbags and a coffee machine would enhance the ambience, eh. So, how's everyone doing?
    C.A.