Close your eyes, hold your breathe
    Patterns dance in her mind
    She weaves tales from her acoustic loom
    Stories of a knight
    Stories of a princess
    She was a storm
    No one would sweep her away
    but herself
    "I like working with first time directors because they don't really know the rules yet. And therefore don't know any limits."
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

Hi, Pidgeon,

As I do not believe you are just writing a "tell" or description poem (they rarely hold interest), I believe this to be about a girl daydreaming it is she on stage. I had to dig for that interpretation. If I'm correct, could you make it more clear, in some way?

Hi. I like this, where it can go, where it's going, or as is. I want to know more about Theater Girl. I see her as the room. I see her as the scene; she is a simple song playing on the piano turning into an aria. I enjoy descriptive poems. I feel that the warmth of the theater fills her instead of her filling the theater. Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed reading Theater Girl. -- Wesley C.

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    Hi, Pidgeon,

As I do not believe you are just writing a "tell" or description poem (they rarely hold interest), I believe this to be about a girl daydreaming it is she on stage. I had to dig for that interpretation. If I'm correct, could you make it more clear, in some way?
    To tell you the truth, I don't think I had an interpretation in mind. This was more (as many of my poems are) an attempt to paint a picture of the scene in my head. I also kind of like the fact that I got two different interpretations. Whether she's real or metaphor is kind of up to the reader. I suppose I do have a meaning in mind for myself, but I don't really want that to affect your outcome cause I like yours too .

Quote Originally Posted by Space Cadet View Post
    Hi. I like this, where it can go, where it's going, or as is. I want to know more about Theater Girl. I see her as the room. I see her as the scene; she is a simple song playing on the piano turning into an aria. I enjoy descriptive poems. I feel that the warmth of the theater fills her instead of her filling the theater. Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed reading Theater Girl. -- Wesley C.
    Thank you so much for reading and giving your take!
    "I like working with first time directors because they don't really know the rules yet. And therefore don't know any limits."
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

Guess my oldness wants me to know what I've read about. It's probably generational. Smiles.

WF Veteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeon84 View Post
    She played a simple song from her piano,
    but gave off an aura
    that no one could quite comprehend

The warmth of her sound filling the theater,
    like the sun on a mid-autumn day
    the last stanza is the major hook for me,
    but these two concepts are outstanding!