Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back to Basics

Blog Entries
    The focus can certainly be on "newcomers", however you want to define the term. But reality is that everybody of any skill level has something to glean from participating in the PiP, and novices will be fortunate to have an even greater learning opportunity by being alongside those whom are more experienced.

As far as it being a safe space, I don't even think it's necessary to put cushions on the walls. In my experience it's always been constructive (thanks to the judges doing their job properly); I guess if you feel it's really necessary one can put a disclaimer at the top of each thread saying something to the effect of "submitting to the challenge is taken as granted permission for the judges to critique your work. Arguments over aforementioned critique will not be tolerated. Questions are absolutely more than welcome, even encouraged. This is more about learning and less about winning."

Maybe I don't pay enough attention. I haven't seen any problems regarding this. The poets don't need a safe space, and the judges don't need one. Ensure the critique is constructive, and corrective measures will be taken if somebody gets a big ego.

Look forward to seeing the revamped PiP! All of you do a wonderful job.

Cheers,

-Kyle
    Last edited by Smith; July 7th, 2017 at 01:28 AM.

Jaded.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123