Thread: Recommendation and feedback: for a thread for first impressions. (description etc)

Recommendation and feedback: for a thread for first impressions. (description etc)

I wish we had a description thread. Where we have a sticky thread for descriptions, first impressions, and so forth. It would save space, and people could comment in the same thread and learn from each other.(like the idea for a scrapbook or a book with all our work in it, except it is for different people.)

So a thread for descriptions.
    A thread for first impressions.

(so as not to post the final draft)
    This allows people to read previous advice and is more constructive than a single thread. I am comparing it to posting it as a stand alone thread.

Your opinions on why this would work or have comments?

The example I have short excerpts, 300 words. I post it there to get an immediate idea of what people think. Each fix is unique content has a different problem. But some general advice applies still to works of fiction. One falls under description, another first impression. I don't think a dialogue thread could be necessary but maybe it might be,
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by Theglasshouse View Post
    I wish we had a description thread. Where we have a sticky thread for descriptions, first impressions, and so forth. It would save space, and people could comment in the same thread and learn from each other.(like the idea for a scrapbook or a book with all our work in it, except it is for different people.)

So a thread for descriptions.
    A thread for first impressions.

A sticky for descriptions: descriptions and associated questions tend to make up a significant portion of Writing Discussions.

A thread for first impressions: first impressions fill the creative forums, especially in Fiction.

(so as not to post the final draft)
    This allows people to read previous advice and is more constructive than a single thread. I am comparing it to posting it as a stand alone thread.

Your opinions on why this would work or have comments?
    Any member is able to start new threads and express new ideas in the relevant forums - in this case, most likely in Writing Discussions - whether they become valuable enough to our members to be pinned is an unknown before it happens.

I'm not convinced it would be more constructive than what happens currently. I think it would become a confusion of posted excerpts and disconnected discussions and mostly generic advice.

The example I have short excerpts, 300 words. I post it there to get an immediate idea of what people think. Each fix is unique content has a different problem. But some general advice applies still to works of fiction. One falls under description, another first impression. I don't think a dialogue thread could be necessary but maybe it might be,
    This describes what the fiction forums were meant to be, with some writing discussions thrown in. If the excerpts were not treated individually - ie, in their own threads - then it will become messy and unwieldy after the first few excerpts posted by different members, each of whom want their problems examined and solved first.

Trying to guide or steer such a thread, or threads, would be a nightmare ... er, valuable experience. I wish you luck if you decide to test it in Writing Discussions.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

Hello Cran.

Okay I will then use the writing discussion boards then. Thank you very much for answering it regardless this thread as at least I know the best place where to post it. Appreciate the reply I recieved.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.