Thread: Back on

Back on

Hello everyone!
    I don't think many people would remember me as if has been seven years since I last posted on the site.

And welcomed back by all means! What convinced you to return after a few years in the wilderness!
    Interested in how Mars-127's story continues?
    I am looking for Beta Readers to guide me along the way. Send me a PM if interested - Jam

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living - Jonathan Safran Foer

Welcome back! : D
    Carpe Diem.

Hi Chloe, welcome back! No doubt there are many new faces behind the avatars but the welcome is still the same. HAve you had anything published in the last seven years? What are your interests now?

My interests are pretty much the same as they were, but have expanded more to travelling. I'm still writing lots of fan fics but since signing up to creative writing classes and joining a local writer's group I decided to try out writing things outside of fan fiction again. I did put some stuff out on amazon but they're old and could do with some tweaking.

Wow, seven years. I'm in my seventies now but didn't write anything at all until 2011 and, to tell the truth, very little since, but my one novel was really just an accident. Being relatively dormant as a writer I've just been appointed caretaker for the beta readers' forum where my angel wife BlondeAverageReader has been active recently. She did a long stint as an auxiliary at a nursing home in Kent some years back. Are you still in that line of work? She's currently waiting for something else to read to turn up, having devoured several of the longer works on offer from writers here. I think they all survived the experience. Well, she has had some experience in caring. We'll be interested to see what you have to offer. Between us we have a wide range of interests in genres.
    Do you have any feedback to give about beta reading? If so see HERE.

www.MensTemporum.uk - Fiction or prediction? What inspired my writing? Judge for yourself.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

I'm still working in care. It's pretty much the first proper job I've ever had. I've been there for about 3 years and I've got work in 50 minutes.

Caring is a lot easier when you get opportunities to leave it behind for a while. It's very different for those who have to care for someone pretty much all the time. We can all play a role for a limited time, but we have to have time to be ourselves as well.
    Do you have any feedback to give about beta reading? If so see HERE.

www.MensTemporum.uk - Fiction or prediction? What inspired my writing? Judge for yourself.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.