Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Need My Pants - (513 words) Language

RaevenLord-The removal of the italics makes sense and you're probably right. It will read better. More like tripping over your feet as you're walking.
    Yes. More description - and it may come as a surprise - this isn't a sci-fi piece. Though you wouldn't be able to tell from the little I've given you so far.
    "I think it's blessed are the cheese makers." "...What's so special about the cheese makers?" - Life of Brian

Jamboree- I often get lost in the details and re-writes and I loose the 'juice'. The juice being whatever it is that keeps me writing a specific story. So continuing is not a bad idea.
    "I think it's blessed are the cheese makers." "...What's so special about the cheese makers?" - Life of Brian

Hey, this was a fairly enjoyable read,
    think you did the 3rd person pretty well,
    except I question whether you absolutely
    need the exposition at the end of the 1st paragraph,
    i think by cutting it you create more suspense
    because it seems like just an ordinary event that could happen in real life,
    and then BOOM, this guy opens up a magic window out of nowhere!

the reference to the 9th circle of hell tripped me up a little bit,
    because it got me wondering about the world rather than focusing on
    the scene...

Pryomanic-You've definitely given me some food for thought. I'll probably move on to the next piece before I revisit the 1st, but I'll keep your suggestions in mind.

An interesting little snippet here. I don't have too much more to add that has not already been said but, as Jamboree has mentioned, you might want to spruce it up with a little more description. Other than that, I thought it was quite comical and I applaud you for the originality of your style. As bcharles mentioned, though, don't be afraid to add some more vivid tags to the work. I know that "said" is a good way of putting it but, hey, there's always room for creativity!

Cheers! And keep on writing! : D
    Carpe Diem.

danielstj-Glad you liked the style. I think the comments I received about tags are mainly about overuse. I'll definitely open up my bag of 'tags' for the next part.

Yeah Nathan I know how you feel. Often when I get stuck on rewriting and never seem to be happy with it and then I get frustrated with my writing and stop for a little while rather than just leaving the part for the moment and continuing the story.

Not Sci-fi eh? Interesting. Must be fantasy then surely... Unless losing your pants is the worst horror imaginable to you
    Interested in how Mars-127's story continues?
    I am looking for Beta Readers to guide me along the way. Send me a PM if interested - Jam

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living - Jonathan Safran Foer

lol - some kind of magic is involved -- to be honest I haven't worked out all the particulars

So far I like it, its smart and funny, I was able to get a good visual from your descriptions of everything. I love a good story that can make me laugh! Please keep that humor going in your story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NeenaDiHope- Glad it got your funny bone. I've just finished binging "Better Call Saul". The characters are just excellent at making decisions that go against their better judgement - and putting themselves in intractable positions. And how much like real life. I'd like to bring some of that into this weird world and hopefully keep the humor alive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12