View Poll Results: Please vote for as many poems you feel are deserving.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MP3? Not For Me! by JustRob

2 13.33%
  • Toxic White Dress by Darkkin

3 20.00%
  • He Could Never Learn Chess or Solitaire by sas

7 46.67%
  • My Lovely Wife by rcallaci

3 20.00%
  • Consequences by astroannie

4 26.67%
  • The Encounter by Mutimir

2 13.33%
  • Message to My Successor by Chester's Daughter

6 40.00%
  • Fill 'er Up Joe by midnightpoet

2 13.33%
  • Zero Worship by Phil Istine

5 33.33%
  • Windows by ned

3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Infidelity" Voting Thread

Hmmm. Are viewers saying something about our little poems by not saying anything? Hmmmm. smiles (I think)

Henceforth, I shall post a notice in Site News and Announcements to inform the masses that the poll is open and stress that anyone is eligible to vote. With only six hours left to cast votes for the current challenge, and NaPoWriMo in full swing, I feel posting a notice now may put undue pressure on folks, which would not be considerate.

I must once again stress that voters need not be poets. Even if a person knows little about the actual workings of poetry, reading the entries and finding that any touches you in any facet is sufficient reason to cast a vote. Most readers of prose cannot brilliantly write it, and likely do not grasp all the nuances that make for a good piece of writing, (or else we'd have tons of authors putting out bestsellers), yet they do not shy away from offering an opinion on it. If it floats your boat, cast a vote. A popular vote is just as valid as one based upon dissecting a work to determine its worth when it comes to method, content, grammar, punctuation and proper usage of poetic devices.

As critique is voluntary, there will be dry spells. Real life commitments and/or woes dictate the amount of time members have to devote to WF, and as we all know, an in depth critique does not take a minute to construct.

Finally, the method in which votes are being cast will remain as it is for the time being. We've tried multiple methods, and as I've said before, no matter what we've chosen, we can never please everyone. Casting as many as a voter sees fits seems to please more than not, so thus it shall remain.

If I've neglected any of the points made, gimme a good kick in the posterior in the form of a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    Hmmm. Are viewers saying something about our little poems by not saying anything? Hmmmm. smiles (I think)
    No, the standard is really high.

My reply to Chester'sDaughters' following post regarding voting: "Even if a person knows little about the actual workings of poetry,..."

Heck, that never stops me from writing them. I refuse to be intimidated by knowledge. Onward.

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    It is quite hard to choose, when we feel we've got to know these poets a little, and have seen some of what's gone into each piece. Maybe the poets are slow to vote for the same reason?

It's not logical, as this is a great, fun thread, and no response will be read as lack of interest.

You're all so different. We feel bad for the ones we've not chosen.

So, I hope you know it in no way reflects the pleasure you've given people.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123