Thread: Sartorial elegance for new Mentor

Sartorial elegance for new Mentor

Had no idea when JustRob requested new waistcoats that he should have purple ones, so black and green will have to do.
    I'd like to say l ran these up in no time at all, black one no problem, green one a right pain. The
    machine didn't like it, slipped all over the place, and then it frayed at the slightest touch.
    That's needlework for you, no frustration no creation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0418.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	17545

Wow, they are bobby dazzlers! Like Clever you!
    Check out more of our members' creative work on

Who is PiP?
    PiP blogs at PigletinPortugal.com

May I say that I love that you call them waistcoats instead of "vests?" Those are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
    May I say that I love that you call them waistcoats instead of "vests?" Those are beautiful.
    Pleased you liked my latest waistcoats, he has quite a few in a variety of colours.
    In the UK a vest is an item of underwear.

It sounds like an item of underwear. I have a propensity for reading English authors and it took forever to sort out what a waistcoat was. For a while I was under the impression that Victorian gentlemen wore cummerbund style corsets beneath their clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
    It sounds like an item of underwear. I have a propensity for reading English authors and it took forever to sort out what a waistcoat was. For a while I was under the impression that Victorian gentlemen wore cummerbund style corsets beneath their clothes.
    We may both speak the same language but have no idea what the other person is talking about. When l read American authors l have to translate a lot of clothing items. Your pants. Our trousers, vests / waistcoats etc. I never have worked out why our handbag is called a purse over there, that's what we call the thing that holds coins in our handbag, what do you call it? I'm mystified.

Coin purse if it's the one with the clasps at the top. Otherwise we either "donate" change to the next person or let it slide around loose. Most women don't carry them (I do).

Nice! I love them both but the black one strikes me the most. You are a talented lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Nice! I love them both but the black one strikes me the most. You are a talented lady.
    Haven't I always said that? Er, I have, haven't I? Yes, I must have done. Well, I'm pretty that sure I have ... or at least given that impression ... sort of thing ... sometime or other.
    Do you have any feedback to give about beta reading? If so see HERE.

www.MensTemporum.uk - Fiction or prediction? What inspired my writing? Judge for yourself.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.