Advertisers, Website promoters

If you only intend to advertise or promote a website, product, or opportunity to our members,
DO NOT REGISTER as a new member.

Click Here to obtain Admin permission to post your message as a guest promoter.

Promotions posted without Admin permission may be treated as spam.




Previously Banned members take note.
Click Here to apply for an Admin amnesty.

If you register another account, you breach the No Sock Puppets rule, which risks an instant permaban on discovery.



Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Intro from a newbie

  1. #1

    Intro from a newbie

    Hi!

    My name is Gary and I am retired at the beach here in Ocean City MD. I have been an avid blogger since I started flying. With the encouragement of my Bride, I decided to start putting things on paper, ok, in a word document. I have been sidelined since the start of the new year with foot surgery so it was good timing to get writing, since I'm also self grounded. My very first manuscript is at the editor and I just received my cover art work. I'm looking into the self publish route but hope to find some direction here on the forum.

    Anxiously looking forward to soaking up all the info I can and learning from those that have been there done that. I enjoy reading non-fiction, WWII, anything flying, especially about Alaska. I enjoy westerns too, can't leave them out.

    Thanks for having me, I'm off to surf the forum!

  2. #2
    Hi Gary and welcome to WF.

    My very first manuscript is at the editor and I just received my cover art work. I'm looking into the self publish route but hope to find some direction here on the forum.
    What is your book about?

    We have several members who have taken the self-publishing route. Check out Writing Forums Author Interviews we always ask some marketing questions so you should be able to pick up some useful tips.

    Other areas of the forum that could be of interest and where you can ask questions etc are Publishing and Marketing
    Shining a Light on Outstanding Members' Creative Works
    * Interviews * Book Reviews * Articles *

    Our 'Featured Writer' this week is Grand Challenge winner 2016, InkwellMachine. Check out >SHOWCASE<


  3. #3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryM View Post
    Hi!

    My name is Gary and I am retired at the beach here in Ocean City MD. I have been an avid blogger since I started flying. With the encouragement of my Bride, I decided to start putting things on paper, ok, in a word document. I have been sidelined since the start of the new year with foot surgery so it was good timing to get writing, since I'm also self grounded. My very first manuscript is at the editor and I just received my cover art work. I'm looking into the self publish route but hope to find some direction here on the forum.

    Anxiously looking forward to soaking up all the info I can and learning from those that have been there done that. I enjoy reading non-fiction, WWII, anything flying, especially about Alaska. I enjoy westerns too, can't leave them out.

    Thanks for having me,**** I'm off to surf the forum!*****


    There are sharks in the deep end... soooooo, watchIT!!! KIDDING!! Welcome to WF... It is always high tide here, so have fun...
    If you are a writer, reach a reader
    If you are a fighter, teach a leader
    If you are a lover, touch a leper
    If this has helped you, thank you, reader

    If you can read this, teach a thinker

    Author: Lynn Loschky



    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

  5. #5
    Thanks everyone for the welcome.

    My first book is about flying. In the book I share our favorite trips, some flight training, fly-ins and dog rescues.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryM View Post
    Thanks everyone for the welcome.

    My first book is about flying. In the book I share our favorite trips, some flight training, fly-ins and dog rescues.

    Sounds fabulous, and who does not love a story that has a dog in it...
    If you are a writer, reach a reader
    If you are a fighter, teach a leader
    If you are a lover, touch a leper
    If this has helped you, thank you, reader

    If you can read this, teach a thinker

    Author: Lynn Loschky



    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    Sounds fabulous, and who does not love a story that has a dog in it...
    Exactly! we donate our time and plane to transport English Springer Spaniels. When it's a puppy on board it's hard to deliver, we want to take them all home.

    Our house is busy enough, three cats (two are rescue) and we have an Italian mastiff.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryM View Post
    Exactly! we donate our time and plane to transport English Springer Spaniels. When it's a puppy on board it's hard to deliver, we want to take them all home.

    ****Our house is busy enough, three cats (two are rescue) and we have an Italian mastiff.


    Sounds like you have a lot of first hand material for some fabulous stories....
    If you are a writer, reach a reader
    If you are a fighter, teach a leader
    If you are a lover, touch a leper
    If this has helped you, thank you, reader

    If you can read this, teach a thinker

    Author: Lynn Loschky



    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryM View Post
    Thanks everyone for the welcome.

    My first book is about flying. In the book I share our favorite trips, some flight training, fly-ins and dog rescues.

    oooo, I love Gann's books about his flying and I bet I'll love yours, too.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post
    oooo, I love Gann's books about his flying and I bet I'll love yours, too.
    Thanks, I hope somebody enjoys it. �� I had a long talk with my editor, we discussed my goals and a what I expected. I just wanted to introduce dreamers and pilots to expand and explore more than the local airport area. I did ask if I should stick to my retirement consulting gig managing highway and bridge projects, he got a good laugh out of that.

    Gary

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •