Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415

Thread: Do humans have a tendency to believe in the unlikely?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Sandra Bullock...

Mr. Clean... from those TV commercials.... well... he CLEANS... the house. And his bald head... seXXXy.... of course he is a cartoon, but still.... it is highly unlikely that I will get to meet him in RL.. and did you ever notice? He NEVER speaks!!! He just smiles... and cleans..... sooo HOT... anyway...
    If you are a writer, reach a reader
    If you are a fighter, teach a leader
    If you are a lover, touch a leper
    If this has helped you, thank you, reader

If you can read this, teach a thinker

Author: Lynn Loschky

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

And for the record, about my hypothesis about meeting alien species. Don't read too much into details, it was obviously exaggerated and it wasn't to be taken that literal. The examples used were mundane at best, it was just used as a punch. By the looks of it, you both took the punch rather harshly. Brush it off. The point in which I was trying to make was that, perhaps we haven't progressed enough as a species to even accurately handle a situation like the one I presented. We've come a long way, but in my opinion we are not quite there yet. We are still divided as people. Take this into consideration.. When we walk by an ant, it's not intelligent enough to really conceive us anything else but just another species among thousands. It can't dinstinguish the difference in our intelligence from a cow's intelligence, or a sheep's. So, in comparison.. Imagine the intelligence of an alien species be exactly that, but just to us. In conclusion, we're the ant in this sceneario. We wouldn't even be intelligent enough to acknowledge it's presence, no less communicate with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivious Plunge View Post
    . When we walk by an ant,*** it's not intelligent enough to really conceive us anything else but just another species among thousands.*** It can't dinstinguish the difference in our intelligence from a cow's intelligence, or a sheep's. So, in comparison.. Imagine the intelligence of an alien species be exactly that, but just to us. In conclusion, we're the ant in this sceneario. We wouldn't even be intelligent enough to acknowledge it's presence, no less communicate with it.

Well that is intriguing.. JMHO... But intelligence is of course a survival mechanism ... So, to the Ant, humans would be considered ignorant of survival according to THEM and their society.. We as humans know some about the inner working of an Ant hill, but not everything... we could not survive in the Ant's world, because we don't have the innate knowledge and wisdom to know how their society survives...
    So, if aliens came here, to our society, might they be so ignorant of the earth's seasons, tides, storms, ect... that they would lack the intelligence to .... well, come in out of the rain....hahaaa... sooo what... hummmm???
    If you are a writer, reach a reader
    If you are a fighter, teach a leader
    If you are a lover, touch a leper
    If this has helped you, thank you, reader

If you can read this, teach a thinker

Author: Lynn Loschky

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Aaaahhhhh. Kevin. You have said the scared name. Some believe having said that name instantaneously you have reached enlightenment. Others that you are now trapped with in the Church of the Later Day Sandra Bullocks.
    The Former Day Sandra Bullocks a divisive bunch of heathens if ever there was will deny the intelligent design of her later taste in clothing, but we true believers will continue in the true understanding
    In terms of religious beliefs my actual position and personal belief is as follows
    Go with God whom ever and how ever you believe Her to be.
    Seeing as how this thread is about belief. Show me someone who as no belief.
    Belief is everywhere. Aethists believe in nothing but let's face that's still a belief
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas