Advertisers, Website promoters

If you only intend to advertise or promote a website, product, or opportunity to our members,
DO NOT REGISTER as a new member.

Click Here to obtain Admin permission to post your message as a guest promoter.

Promotions posted without Admin permission may be treated as spam.

Previously Banned members take note.
Click Here to apply for an Admin amnesty.

If you register another account, you breach the No Sock Puppets rule, which risks an instant permaban on discovery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPM 2017

RPM 2017

I'm participating in the RPM Challenge in 2017. The challenge is to write, perform, and record an entire cd's worth of material in a month. To make it more of a challenge for myself, I've chosen to go outside my usual prog/space rock medium and do an album of jazz. Originally I wanted to do all piano-trio, but I can't resist horn arrangements or guitar forever.

You can hear my progress here. Thanks for listening!

I commit bloggery at RetroGrade A. My tri-weekly column can be found at Cub Tracks. before Crazytown is here. monochrome is coming soon. You can support my writing and music at moderan's Patreon. I am an Amazon and Goodreads author and I do book reviews at Skelos Press. Help support good writing for a small contribution: Test Patterns.

"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Like NaNoWriMo or NaPoWriMo but for music. I like the concept. Jazz is not my thing but I appreciate what you're doing. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by moderan View Post
    You can hear my progress here. Thanks for listening!
    I'm afraid we can't access your work, Duane. When i clicked on the link there was only this message

Please log in or register to view or modify your profile.
    Shining a Light on Outstanding Members' Creative Works
    * Interviews * Book Reviews * Articles *

Our 'Featured Writer' this week is Grand Challenge winner 2016, InkwellMachine. Check out >SHOWCASE<

https://www.reverbnation.com/moderan <--- Here. I liked "To Kill the King".
    I can love my fellow man, but I'm damned if I'll love yours.
    Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Non Serviam View Post
    https://www.reverbnation.com/moderan <--- Here. I liked "To Kill the King".
    Thanks! That's a different archive though. "Strumpet" is from the RPM Challenge. Here's the RPM link. Should work. If not I'll upload that stuff to the Reverbnation profile. At RPM my handle is Doctor D -- there was a problem updating everyone to 2016, so I just went with a new handle.

I commit bloggery at RetroGrade A. My tri-weekly column can be found at Cub Tracks. before Crazytown is here. monochrome is coming soon. You can support my writing and music at moderan's Patreon. I am an Amazon and Goodreads author and I do book reviews at Skelos Press. Help support good writing for a small contribution: Test Patterns.

"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Duane, did you complete the challenge?
    Shining a Light on Outstanding Members' Creative Works
    * Interviews * Book Reviews * Articles *

Our 'Featured Writer' this week is Grand Challenge winner 2016, InkwellMachine. Check out >SHOWCASE<

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Duane, did you complete the challenge?
    Yes, yes, I did, and thanks for asking. This link takes you to the last blogpost, which has an MP3 player. The last tune was a 'radical' reinterpretation of Black Sabbath's War Pigs, in which only parts of the bassline survive.

Congratulations Duane!

I'm listening to it right now while doing some writing. : D
    Carpe Diem.

Thank you! I'm gonna try to do an album a month this year. So far so good. The next one is all stoner/space rock, which is my usual metier. After that, two of cover songs, which will have vocals. I spend three hours a day making the music and three writing. It piles up after a while.

Wow! Now that's a challenge, sir, my hat's off to you. I especially enjoyed Bango.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast