Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Podcast seven is poetry heaven

Podcast seven is poetry heaven

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Episode 7 logo.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	16505

Yes indeed, I'm delighted to be able to announce episode #7 the writingforums.com poetry podcast!

Sound FX: alarm klaxons going off

Attention! attention! This podcast contains swear words!

I mean, a lot of it's about love, pain, and death. You know, the stuff that matters. But we don't do content warnings about things that could really affect you. The convention in the 21st century is that we do content warnings about things that happen every day, such as people swearing or having sex, but we can talk about murder and torture totally unannounced. Because that makes so much sense. Anyway, that's the convention and I'm told we have to stick to it in this case. So be warned! Swearing!

You can listen to the episode online <here>

Or if you'd rather, you can download it in .mp3 format <here>

Now I'm off to burn Mary Whitehouse in effigy.

Contents:
    Duude, by J-Mag Guthrie
    Bittersweet Memory by Cran
    How Does the Moon Revolve, by Jen Christie
    Just One More Love Poem, by Ned Hayes
    The Awakening, by Carole Hill
    God Had an Idea, by Tim Murphy
    Imagined Words from a Brave Man, by Sas Motown
    The Vigil, by Cindy Adame
    Twilight of thought by Cran
    Last edited by PiP; January 6th, 2017 at 10:15 PM. Reason: made graphic clickable
    I can love my fellow man, but I'm damned if I'll love yours.
    Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand.

Nice podcast. It was great to hear the real voices of some of our members. I can only imagine some of the long distance charges.

Anyway, great job, NS, and great poems as well.

Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition! (Monty Python)

Reporter: How did you find America?
    John Lennon: Turn left at Greenland (A Hard Day's Night)

SUPERB!! Everything just gets better & better I love it! (and as a southern girl from the US of A, really digging the accent)

I listened in my home office. I keep three monitors up on my desk (work; personal; poetry) so I don't miss a beat anywhere. It was great to be able to listen to poetry while I worked. Great job! sas

What a treasure trove of talent-This was simply outstanding--each poem had its own personality and it was a pure treat to hear the voices of the poets. The MC was great, I felt I was listening to a version of masterpiece theater. Stuart you were simply a fun listen. A professional and inspired Podcast and I can only hope there will be many more to follow.

warmest
    bob
    Nature weeps, the devil sings
    at mans greed and pride
    and what it brings

Just lots of useless
    little things

I have listened to this at my kitchen table, my armchair, and my car, Stuart. I loved hearing the different members voices, it is almost like 'meeting' them.

NS, the podcast is amazing, thank you so much.You are the perfect host! When I came up with the crazy idea of all the poets reading their own work what a challenge! You rose to it like a pro... thank you!

I would also like to thank all the participants for rising to the technical challenge... it was interesting to hear you read your own poems. Thank you!

Dare I say I look forward to the next one or will it send you screaming for the hills?
    Check out more of our members' creative work on

Who is PiP?
    PiP blogs at PigletinPortugal.com

Listening now. Damn, Cran, your voice is better than expected.

He and Ned both have voices like hot chocolate and whisky.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    He and Ned both have voices like hot chocolate and whisky.
    I, uh, I'm gonna plead the fifth just in case my husband reads this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast