Advertisers, Website promoters

If you only intend to advertise or promote a website, product, or opportunity to our members,
DO NOT REGISTER as a new member.

Click Here to obtain Admin permission to post your message as a guest promoter.

Promotions posted without Admin permission may be treated as spam.

Previously Banned members take note.
Click Here to apply for an Admin amnesty.

If you register another account, you breach the No Sock Puppets rule, which risks an instant permaban on discovery.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: How much dust?

In response to the OP on the apparent inactivity of beta readers, I've now been a member for two months and read works by five members but this fact doesn't show up anywhere in the forum. That is the problem, all my efforts go unnoticed as they are all conducted via private messages or email. Consequently l don't appear to be very active, even though I'm working my socks off for you. How will l ever earn any brownie points, medals or be mentioned in dispatches?
    I have to be content with private thanks from the writers l read for. There is nowhere on the forum where these writers can say how satisfied or disappointed they were with their beta reader.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeAverageReader View Post
    In response to the OP on the apparent inactivity of beta readers, I've now been a member for two months and read works by five members but this fact doesn't show up anywhere in the forum. That is the problem, all my efforts go unnoticed as they are all conducted via private messages or email. Consequently l don't appear to be very active, even though I'm working my socks off for you. How will l ever earn any brownie points, medals or be mentioned in dispatches?
    I have to be content with private thanks from the writers l read for. There is nowhere on the forum where these writers can say how satisfied or disappointed they were with their beta reader.
    I get a similar thing when I am helping someone via PM's. Sometimes it is crit which is particular to that piece of writing, but often I am stating a general principle; pointing out the order of things for example, and I wish it were on the general forum so others could also profit
    Visit my website to read and listen to stories songs and more
    http://www.oliverbuckle.com/

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. http://www.writingforums.com/threads...Piglet-s-Picks

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeAverageReader View Post
    This forum (among many) has an uncountable number of things which didn't exist until someone made it so.

All it takes is someone in the beta group to start a thread: Beta Readers Scoreboard, or something. Encourage beta readers to post their completed read numbers and authors - using the honor system or the authors' confirmation system. And ask a mod to stick the thread so that it stays near the top of the index.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

Good idea, Cran!

It would also be a good if the author came back to their thread and thanked the Beta. I liked the interaction in this thread
    http://www.writingforums.com/threads...Thriller/page3
    Shining a Light on Outstanding Members' Creative Works
    * Interviews * Book Reviews * Articles *

Our 'Featured Writer' this week is Grand Challenge winner 2016, InkwellMachine. Check out >SHOWCASE<

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789