Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Writing Forums Mental Health Support Thread (READ RULES FIRST!!!)

Advanced Mentor The Green Shield's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know, but...if I am going to die, I'd like to not see it coming.

It's...

It was so random, so out of the blue that I'm kind of worried as to why it came to me so suddenly. Does this mean anything or....??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    I know, but...if I am going to die, I'd like to not see it coming.

It's...

It was so random, so out of the blue that I'm kind of worried as to why it came to me so suddenly. Does this mean anything or....??
    We all fear the inevitable. You do. I do. The guy who lives three blocks down from you does as well. It's just a part of life we face as sentient beings, we see death and inevitability as nothing but a fear. I'm not saying embrace death, never ever would I say that, I'm just saying that we are taught and we learn to enjoy and fulfill life. Sometimes, when times are hard we get visions that "Hey, this whole life thing? It's not going to last for long. So what's the point?" It's depressing yes, but it's still a reaction we have. Life may be finite, but understanding of what life means is infinite. And rationalizing death is just one of the more dark and secluded pieces that makes us want to live more.
    Last edited by Ptolemy; April 21st, 2017 at 02:17 AM.
    "He slides into second with a stand-up double." - Jerry Coleman
    "Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth." - Lou Gehrig
    "After Jackie Robinson, the most important black in baseball history is Reggie Jackson." - Reggie Jackson
    "Your Holiness, I'm Joe Medwick. I, too, used to be a Cardinal." - Joe Medwick to Pope Pius XII
    "I think Tim Wakefield would even say tonight that Tim Wakefield got to Tim Wakefield tonight." - Tim McCarver

My grandfather was scared of facing it (eventually he did reason it in his very last moments). He had seen so many people pass away. He was a good 91 and had seen a lot. One of my uncles is a cardiologist and was frustrated he could not save him but my grandfather did not want the CPR performed to the heart and did not want to since it was pointless given his health he thought which they hid from us. He thought we were the spoiled generation like my grandma said, not to mention he thought immigration was ruining the country. Death is a normal phase of life. Don't let the fear take you as in affect you and it is normal to feel this way, just don't dwell on it or feel this way. If this anxiety or produced by it then maybe you know what you should probably do.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by playerslayer666 View Post
    My sister saw a friend of hers get murdered. Thoughts and prayers for him and his family appreciated.

I'm sorry to hear, Player. When I was young, a friend of mine was murdered by her ex-boyfriend so I can relate. Absolutely he and his family have my thoughts and prayers.

Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition! (Monty Python)

Reporter: How did you find America?
    John Lennon: Turn left at Greenland (A Hard Day's Night)

Blog Entries
    Hey, question:

So in another forum I decided to play a trick on someone by pretending to be 'overly-offended' when they made a comment about my hearing loss. Their response?

Quote Originally Posted by BayView, post: 1552265, member: 66590
    You know what? If you have a choice about whether to be offended or not, why wouldn't you choose NOT?
    Quote Originally Posted by BayView, post: 1552265, member: 66590

And I guess I should be taking the same advice, but, really I'm not seeing much of a choice with "typical, really...".

I was trying to commiserate and/or converse about a topic you raised. You've taken it as an insult and stated that it's typical of... me? of humanity? to insult you.

So I'll do you the favour of not responding to you anymore, since apparently my responses are typically insults. You can wallow in self-pity and imaginary victimization on your own.

See ya.

So... who really is in the wrong here? Me? BayView? I was just joking around, but she thought I really was wallowing in my own self-pity.

A simpler and more pertinent question, why pretend in the first place? Sure it might be funny for a moment, but baiting even for laughs is wrong. Bay went in blind, you knew what you were doing. Therein lies the crux of the matter.

Sorry to play the moral high horse, but why bait and then seek justification for feeling guilt about it? There is no right or wrong about the reaction...Fault rests with the precipitating action. The pretending. People can post what they want, but it doesn't make the action right or kind. And I'm pretty sure I know which forum this is from...

Most folks have enough drama in their lives, why add to it?

And while you wrote this as a joke, I understand Bay's point about the pity party, I have a genetic disease, HFHC 1.15. It is basically like living with a time bomb in my chest, but the disease is a characteristic, it isn't a defining trait. I know my limits, but I enjoy day to day life. For some people things like this become an excuse, (hearing loss isn't generally one of them...) , a reason for attention...Munchausen in terms of actions, not the profoundity of the issue. Cases of true Muchausen's are relatively rare, but it is a very similar premise.

Think about it for a moment, dealing people who moger self-pity can be a trail to those who make an effort to at least try...(And nearly everyone, at some point in their lives, has encountered an individual who makes their issue and problems with it the center of all. They are entitled to special treatment and pity because they are different.) The delineating factors being the entitlement and obsessive focus on what they cannot do instead of what they can...

I guess that when the world tries to break you and can't one loses patience with those who act like the world is ending instead of at least attempting to adapt and accept circumstances beyond their control.
    Last edited by Darkkin; April 26th, 2017 at 01:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    True, but if her intent was to say something like, "Hey, chin up! I know it sucks that you have [xyz], but try to focus on what you can DO and less on what you can't do." then she did it in a shitty way.

Eloquence is not a universal trait, neither is tact. It does not justify the action.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    Eloquence is not a universal trait, neither is tact. It does not justify your actions.
    D:<

#DisabilityPerk

I don't like meeting people like these who have personality problems. IMO dysfunctional personalities or narcissists who want to excuse their behavior for misbehaving. They psychologically seem similar to people to bullies. In the way they react to people emotionally. I have met people who were cyberbullies who could under the right circumstances become one and abuse people. Who don't care for people for example in a position of power as if prejudicial or under circumstance (grammar nazis, moderators on those forums) when I was trying to improve my grammar, my skill in craft. They lose all hope in you and abuse you for having low-self esteem and it becomes a one-way street for them to create excuses and court abuse (free from punishment), and when you don't listen to them and continue they then start insulting you or making fun of you. In this case, this can be deprecating. It continues if they have something against you a grudge sort of like a troll. I'd ignore this person. But here is more of my experience.

The cyber bully I had problems with I mentioned in the mental health thread would say that I should write anymore as if I would never succeed and was obnoxious at the same time. Butwith my will power still determined I had said no and I want to become friends. He had no conviction to say that. He was just being mean, thought this guy is a loser and doesn't want to hang with "losers". I was more convinced I should write, but my hopes kept being dashed. They were the only people I knew, I knew then years later I could have met better people had I made friends elsewhere.

Don't pay attention to these sort of people. When they begin to cause problems it's because they themselves have issues with themselves and are obnoxious because of their history. They don't feel feelings or emotions. The person I had met was not capable of such it seems because he never changed. He told me contradictory things. People never change. Looks like he himself never wanted to change. In his away messages on instant messenger, he would try to justify his behavior and would add more insult to injury or on twitter. He once posted "the end justifies the means." So the fact I was mentally abused somehow had to do with him excusing himself. I remember one time he posted. I am afraid to ban a certain member because what they will think of me (at the time there was no conflict). He had it planned years earlier but never got his wish until they managed to get an excuse. I think I had more than 3 people mentally abuse my self-esteem because I was a weakling in how I did not contact authorities or people.

People can get away with a lot on the internet. Unless you get to their good side there is no way you will convince them. "Wallowing in self-pity." That says it all, there is no way to win with this person. And this person has lived harsher experiences than you and assumes a lot. Some sense of superiority the person feels to act the way they do. I think they tend to be narcissistic.

Psychologists have termed cyberbullying as a power struggle. Mind you I said that in reply to the psychologist that this was at some point a power struggle (not cyber bullying which hadn't been made into law).

The main cyber bully would say more on this:
    Oh it is just a wall of text. I will never know you. You wil never know me as well. (paraphrasing). And they like to excuse themselves by not posting their past. If you post your past they get creative and start talking about that.

That gave him more ammunition. I am not sure if he was a psychologist as well (some remarks made me think he was). All I know he was a lawyer practicing law with immunity even on the internet.

Mind you I said cyber bullying when I severed connections they didn't care and the person who was a female psychologist just wanted to talk to me to correct me in egregious ways. It's like testing a guinea pig to see how aggressive they can get. So inexcusable for me. Ignore their behavior. If it becomes problematic, seek a mod's help or if that fails because they are winning the power struggle and there are no internet people who are morally able to help you, just assume you need to move on.

Not to mention, a friend of his who was a friend of mine said one day. "There's something in your brain that you can't type correctly."

These people act with emotions and not intellect.-Shakespeare once said emotions make people look mad. Or do terrible things. Shakespeare himself wrote lots of works on psychological themes.

Whatever you do don't tell them about your past if you continue posting on those boards is my advice. Best of luck managing them. Ignore them as best you can and don't reply to their post if possible. If they have friends who have the same opinion of you it only gets worse.
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; April 26th, 2017 at 06:33 PM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.