Advertisers, Website promoters

If you only intend to advertise or promote a website, product, or opportunity to our members,
DO NOT REGISTER as a new member.

Click Here to obtain Admin permission to post your message as a guest promoter.

Promotions posted without Admin permission may be treated as spam.

Previously Banned members take note.
Click Here to apply for an Admin amnesty.

If you register another account, you breach the No Sock Puppets rule, which risks an instant permaban on discovery.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: art is subjective....

I'm also not certain that it's art; but that is what they said about Jackson Pollack, wasn't it? Not my cup of tea, but well, hell, it might be someone's...

Jackson Pollack falls under my "cry for help" folder I am afraid to say... but if people like that, they can have at it! lol
    Mildly dyslexic - Oops may occur, do occur.

“Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.”
    -- Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

"Failure? There's no such thing as failure, only early attempts at success."
    -- The Love Guru

"It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewere, would much rather you weren't doing."
    --Terry Pratchett

Jackson bollocks some might say but I like his stuff..seen a couple over the years and some can splash the paint about and just make it work...this art thing is so diverse and that's it biggest appeal......
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Just took a 30 min walk to the beach to view Anthony gormleys statues placed all over the beach...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170215_162325434.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	17052

Name:	IMG_20170215_162400166_HDR.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	17053

I like them.....

What a pleasant experience I had when looking at the exhibition at the Bluecoat Liverpool in celebration of 300 years and showing works from many past exhibitors. A drawing by Ray Walker from a study of one of his mutuals.The last time I seen his work was 89 or 87..A long time ago...

Name:	IMG_20170220_153927082.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	17165

walking from a to b on a regular basis from the train station to the shops etc...i often notice what people have in their gardens and statues ornaments on display in a vestibule or window sill and sometimes the works of art hanging on the walls. Often just a fleeting glance but i build up this image of a person and not the people who live in there..the car and the colour of the paint and the flowers i think are a joint decision but it's the art work that stands out for me and what i often realise is that there is far more modern,abstract pieces than your more classical style knocking about.I've lived in mainly working class areas and middle class areas of the city and i would put the working class style in the classical and the middle class as the more abstract modern style....not a steadfast rule but still a notion i'm comfortable with and i do wonder what is the most influential thing in art..individuality or group mentality.

nearly bought a picture in a charity shop the other day..it was a picture of mick jagger..just his face..i think it was painted over a poster image but it really did show his face in a very expressive form..representational,expressionist....you can pick any words to describe a work of art that works for you but i decided not to buy it because i'm not that keen on faces but i liked it..i could have lived with it and enjoyed it..it was only a couple of quid...maybe if i knew the artist and had a feel for what they were about i could relate to the painting more..personalities in art work for me..like the story of van gogh,peter droig...often i'm influenced by the persona more than the image they produce and if the two come together it can be a great experience....how many people have pictures on their walls that are by artists they have no idea about but just like the image..which is cool but would they like it more or less if they new something of the person who painted it..

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678