Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WIFS 26 - August

I've not read it all yet, but it's shaping up to be yet another outstanding read - thank you. There are a couple of minor proofing glitches, but no point being picky with something that has been put together so well.
    From what I've read so far, Sam's article was the stand-out item, especially as I went to English GCSE evening classes a couple of years ago (I was 57 then). I didn't have the opportunity to stay for GCSE work (O-level as it was then called) when I was a teen. I was a bit of a loose cannon but credit to the tutor as she never once tried to shut me down.
    I'll read the rest of the articles when I'm less tired.

Big WOW!, Sigma. Eons ago I worked a Graphic Artist. Never did a mag layout but I know when I see something over the top superlative And thanks for arranging my little watercolors to make my poem pop. It's late now but first think in the a.m. I will be settling into read.. and you know my thoughts on your cover artwork!!!!

Thank you, Laurie
    "Writers write because it isn't there."
    .................................................. ................................ ..... -Thomas Berger

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    Big WOW!, Sigma. Eons ago I worked a Graphic Artist. Never did a mag layout but I know when I see something over the top superlative And thanks for arranging my little watercolors to make my poem pop. It's late now but first think in the a.m. I will be settling into read.. and you know my thoughts on your cover artwork!!!!

Thank you, Laurie
    Well, I do it for the Adoration of the Multitudes.

Thanks for the kind words!

Oh! And those are wonderful watercolors, by the way.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Art, dogs and cranky dispatches from this absurd Universe:
    sigmadog.com

I loved it- It just keeps getting better issue after issue. I totally loved Sam's article, and I'm glad he's to be a regular columnist on this newsletter. Kudos the the Media staff you guys are one talented bunch...

warmest
    bob
    Nature weeps, the devil sings
    at mans greed and pride
    and what it brings

Just lots of useless
    little things

Originally Posted by sigmadog

Well, I do it for the Adoration of the Multitudes. (This is what first struck me, your humble nature)

Thanks for the kind words! (If not for them, you'd come after me)

Oh! And those are wonderful watercolors, by the way. (Thank you. I put my heart into them)
    Again, really thank you. And to your Media Staff whom I don't know... The Unsung Heroes.
    Last edited by SilverMoon; August 31st, 2016 at 04:48 PM.
    "Writers write because it isn't there."
    .................................................. ................................ ..... -Thomas Berger

East Yorkshire Coast, England, United Kingdom
    Beautiful! Thanks to all who toiled so hard to bring it into being.
    Who Is Blind?
    The one who is unable to perceive another world.
    Who is dumb?
    The one who cannot speak a kind and loving word at the right moment.
    Who is poor?
    The one who is plagued by too many desires.
    Who is rich?
    The one whose heart is contented.

Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Beautiful! Thanks to all who toiled so hard to bring it into being.
    The newsletter team do an absolutely amazing job! I think people would be surprised to know just how much work goes in behind the scenes to produce WiFs.
    Shining a Light on Outstanding Members' Creative Works
    * Interviews * Book Reviews * Articles *

Our 'Featured Writer' this week is Grand Challenge winner 2016, InkwellMachine. Check out >SHOWCASE<

Blog Entries
    Proud of you all, as always. A beautiful issue =) It's always a well rounded package of the talent we have on this forum.
    ".... But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
    All losses are restored and sorrows end."
    - William Shakespeare, Sonnet XXX

Wow. This is my first Newsletter--I've produced a couple myself in a galaxy far away so I know how much it takes to assemble consistently high-quality content packaged in a professional and visually pleasing format , such as we have here. Kudos to all involved. I enjoyed SAM's well-written column, esp. his point that current pedagogy stifles creativity in students AND teachers. When I was new to the game, I insisted on reading every poem aloud in class. Senior faculty argued this was a waste of valuable discussion time. Over the years, when old students have contacted me, 100% have commented on how important it had been for them to hear the great poems of our tradition. Sam's column reminded me of all this. Sometimes the simplest iconoclastic jog off the beaten trail can open creative doors that might otherwise have remained closed. Thanks Sam.

Thank you for all the kind comments about the newsletter. The Media Team do an excellent job of producing a professional and standout circular each month. I'm only one cog in a large wheel, but I'm humbled by the comments on my article nonetheless.
    Site Rules and Regs

My Website

My blog

My Novel

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast