Advertisers, Website promoters

If you only intend to advertise or promote a website, product, or opportunity to our members,
DO NOT REGISTER as a new member.

Click Here to obtain Admin permission to post your message as a guest promoter.

Promotions posted without Admin permission may be treated as spam.

Previously Banned members take note.
Click Here to apply for an Admin amnesty.

If you register another account, you breach the No Sock Puppets rule, which risks an instant permaban on discovery.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's doing NanoWriMo for 2016?

Anyone else in NaNo?

How many words yesterday?
    Shining a Light on Outstanding Members' Creative Works
    * Interviews * Book Reviews * Articles *

Our 'Featured Writer' this week is Grand Challenge winner 2016, InkwellMachine. Check out >SHOWCASE<

I will do weekly updates on Monday mornings because I will likely be behind during the week and weekends will be for catching up.

Ok - I got a shockingly bad 453 words done yesterday ! I was WAY too distracted. Am going to catch up today by writing in fifteen minute bursts here and there. Onwards and upwards gang - we can do this!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluemidget View Post
    Ok - I got a shockingly bad 453 words done yesterday ! I was WAY too distracted. Am going to catch up today by writing in fifteen minute bursts here and there. Onwards and upwards gang - we can do this!!
    Indeed we can. I will take pen and paper to work for when I have breaks (I'm self-employed). It may be that my totals are a mix of typed and handwritten - to be copied up in December. If I had a laptop, I would take it to work with me.

I'm new to this forum, just jumping in as I start NaNo. This is my first year doing it and I want to get involved with the writing community. I've always enjoyed telling stories, and for me NaNo is a reason to make myself write since I don't usually make time to write in my day-to-day life. So for me, I'm doing NaNo because I want to be a published author someday, but I also just want to write my story whether anyone reads it or not.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ah well! Six thousand down, forty-four thousand to go. I'm behind already. One fifth of the way through the month (as of last night) would give a total of thirty thousand. I am able to up my game though as it has been a pedestrian start.
    There's no quality to it. I'm doing autobiographical writing. It jumps around chronologically as one thought produces another - just a mishmash of memories so far up to the age of about seven.
    I've done some difficult things in my life, and this may well eclipse them all.
    It hurts!
    I won't be on here much until December because I'm writing it on an ancient computer that's now in my living room. It's not internet connected as I wish to avoid the distractions.
    My absence should not be misconstrued as not caring about the site or the people on it. I'm just having to be a bit selfish in order to de-cobweb my thoughts and feelings.

Yeah I'm off to a slow start too but Im already up on last years effort so im happy so far. just under 7000 words for week one. I'll be amazed if I get anywhere near 50,000 ha ha

I'm up to around 7,000 words total so far. Not great, but this is my first NaNo so I already consider myself a winner since I'm making myself write. I doubt if I'll hit 50,000 but I'm still aiming for that, gotta try to get caught up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

An update: As of midnight on 30th November, I had written 32,200 words. I didn't manage the 50k, but I'm still reasonably satisfied with that number. This is far more than I've ever written in a single month. The quality is total crap, but it was never my intention to produce a polished jewel on what I regard as a partial, pre-first draft.
    Last edited by Phil Istine; December 3rd, 2016 at 08:15 AM. Reason: typo

Congrats to everyone who finished! I did Camp Nano last summer and didn't finish. lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123