Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The art of writing

Quote Originally Posted by Writer One View Post
    blazeofglory,
    I like the words you used to describe why you write, excellent thread. I to am in the same way because the words themselves transform into knowledge we need to understand why we write. The word transform is indeed a expressed knowledge word. But seeing it above speaking it, gives it a ingredient of mind and matter we need to understand why we write in the first place. Your last sentence states your thread perfectly, well wrote. Writer One
    Thank you for liking my words. I like your thought and I felt that reflects some of the feelings that go inside me and that drive me write or create something to rise above what I am in , from my physical reality to a state of my divine state.

Yes, I found this helpful and wise. Sometimes I have difficulty balancing stream-of-consciousness with sharp story-telling, especially when I'm trying to balance sensitivity with documentation. Writing can be very tricky in that sense. What do you think about the evocativeness of ghost stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Abishai100 View Post
    Yes, I found this helpful and wise. Sometimes I have difficulty balancing stream-of-consciousness with sharp story-telling, especially when I'm trying to balance sensitivity with documentation. Writing can be very tricky in that sense. What do you think about the evocativeness of ghost stories?
    Ghost stories or stories based on myths, legends evoke something that is deeply seated in the subconscious. Ghost stories mirrors our internal beings, imagine our boyhoods were full of imaginations, fancies and it takes to a deeper realm of us which we ordinarily fail to fathom. Yes stream of consciousness works in such stories more than in other types since our personalities are built on such stuffs even if we are maturing into adulthood.

Writing requires a lot of patience and a flow of thoughts that would knit something beautiful to read. Any writer is well served by learning about the world. The only way to become a writer is to sit still and write. All writing counts, itís cumulative. I became a professional by taking any assignment I could get, applying fervent devotion even if the subject was algae production in sewage plants. I've also read a lot of books and articles and essays regarding the art of writing. I tend to wake up extremely early with words flooding into my brain. If I donít get up, theyíll continue to accumulate in puddles, so itís a relief to get to the keyboard and dump them out. But many writers will tell you, in the modern era our job seems to demand everything but writing. I think the writerís duty is to own up to the power of the craft and use it wisely.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Romano View Post
    something beautiful to read.
    Whou - stressing the beautiful is STRONG

Wise words indeed Eric: the writer’s duty is to own up to the power of the craft and use it wisely.

Thanks Fillipi for starting such a thought provoking thread!
    I write about wildlife and the politics of wildlife protection. My life is Wild Politics.
    www.wildpolitics.co

Quote Originally Posted by Fillipi View Post
    To study art is to peek into the soul of another and walk away with a little part of that essence for our journey, stashing it in the bag of perspectives and insights.
    Fillipi Rocha
    Really enjoyed that, man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12