Advertisers, Website promoters

If you only intend to advertise or promote a website, product, or opportunity to our members,
DO NOT REGISTER as a new member.

Click Here to obtain Admin permission to post your message as a guest promoter.

Promotions posted without Admin permission may be treated as spam.

Previously Banned members take note.
Click Here to apply for an Admin amnesty.

If you register another account, you breach the No Sock Puppets rule, which risks an instant permaban on discovery.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, You Just Joined... What Next?

Yes, could you please? Also, how do you post? Am I able to make comments (because I just experienced a lovely piece and would like to comment, but don't know how)?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahoriana View Post
    Yes, could you please? Also, how do you post? Am I able to make comments (because I just experienced a lovely piece and would like to comment, but don't know how)?
    Just as you replied on this thread, all you have to do is type a comment quick reply box at the bottom of the thread you wish to comment on. As far as starting threads, once you have made 10 meaningful posts, ( posts made anywhere outside of the lounge area), you will be granted more privileges, such as adding an avatar and begin able to start threads of your own. Commenting on other members' work is a great way to reach the mandatory ten posts and allows you to get to know the forum in the process.

Any questions just look for the mentors. The folks in the purple cloaks. Welcome to the forums and enjoy and you should be able to post an introduction thread to this board if you so chose. At the top of the main screen of this forum should be a button that says post new thread. Click on that or add a post to the introduce yourself thread a little further down on the main screen of this board.

- D. and T.

I'm not sure if it is because of my status as a new member, but I did not see a comment box under this person's piece
    (Thank you very much for the well wishes by the way!)

Quote Originally Posted by Fahoriana View Post
    I'm not sure if it is because of my status as a new member, but I did not see a comment box under this person's piece
    (Thank you very much for the well wishes by the way!)
    Is there a reply, reply with quote button at the bottom of the piece you want to comment on?

OK so dipped into a few welcome threads and said hello, I really know nothing about the technicalities of writing but try and want some help with all the basics really. I blog and have been for about 18 months but I think it's probably quantity over quality.
    Anyway I have a specific question really, I looked at trying to join the new writers group but could not see how. Is joining groups another thing restricted by lack of posts?

Hi Saul,

Welcome to WF

Our 'New Writers' mentor' is PrinzeCharming. He is not on line at the moment but if you contact him via <PM>, once he is back at his desk I'm sure he will be delighted to help you.

In the meantime you are welcome to ask questions in the Writing Related Forums , offer critique on the creative boards or pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable in the members' Living Area forums.

PiP
    Shining a Light on Outstanding Members' Creative Works
    * Interviews * Book Reviews * Articles *

Our 'Featured Writer' this week is SleepWriter. Check out >SHOWCASE<

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Bee View Post
    OK so dipped into a few welcome threads and said hello, I really know nothing about the technicalities of writing but try and want some help with all the basics really. I blog and have been for about 18 months but I think it's probably quantity over quality.
    Anyway I have a specific question really, I looked at trying to join the new writers group but could not see how. Is joining groups another thing restricted by lack of posts?
    Yes. Groups are protected from spammers and trolls in the same way.

Once you have made ten valid posts where they count, you will automatically progress to regular member and access to Groups, and all the rest, will become available. You will even be able to start, and manage, your own Group or your own Blog if you want.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

I just joined today and I'm trying to absorb as much of the site as possible but I have a question that I have yet to find. (I may actually find the answer I'm looking for somewhere as I peruse around) I'm curious to know about proof reading. I've seen mentions of Mentors, but what about proofers? Is that a thing here? Should one have a proofreader before a post is made? Are people available to do so later on? Obviously this won't apply to me until I've made my 10 posts, but I'm curious about it regardless. xD

Well, I'm not sure what you mean. Generally, proofing someone is part of feedback. If you're looking for basic grammar-checking, your browser may support Grammarly. Can you maybe clarify your question?

I'm a new member. I believe nothing helps a writer more than an honest review. So I'm looking for honest criticism, harsh and direct; in return they'll receive such criticism from me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123