I taught an adult ESL class a few years back and a topic I really liked was "things that annoy you."
It was usually a fun class and people never ran out of things to say.
- People chewing food loudly on the train (or in other close vicinity).
- Being charged 300% up in price on drinks at resturants (drinks are actually VERY cheap for food services and they put in like 40% ice).
- Misunderstanding words in my second language I know well.
- Advertising anywhere except TV. (I guess I am just used to it on TV my whole life. I find it annoying in most other places).
Here is a list of 50 things I picked out from this thread that annoy us! If I missed your comment, you can PM me and I will add it!
Things that annoy us
- SNOW! (hairball)
- Chewingum annoys me. (pip)
- Spam E-mail (mrmustard615)
- Poor graphic design (stormcat)
- Movies that don't live up to the expectations provided by the hype (rhythmofpain)
- People who believe hype. (Terry D)
- Haters. (Crowley Jarvis)
- Reckless / distracted drivers (mzsnowleapord)
- People who drop litter wherever they go. (aquarius)
- Christmas songs on the radio......... (escorial)
- miserable lawyers (instituteman)
- 12 year old girls with their attitudes (phunkymunkey)
- Army officers annoy me (ismith)
- That meme font... (bruno spartola)
- Poltergeists. (20oz)
- My dogs trying bury things in my bed (thewandering novice)
- When my anxiety handed my ass on a silver platter (the Green Shield)
- Sales reps (atlean wordsmith)
- Tyrannosaurus Rex... that really gets my goat. (tipgrundlefunk)
- When you queue in traffic for ages (arthur G mustard)
- being wide awake at One o' clock in the morning (blue midget)
- employers who don't get back to you to let you know the outcome of an interview (dave watson)
- Homophobic people (justine)
- tooth aches (lewdog)
- retired people grocery shopping on Saturday (alanmt)
- The man who was driving up the A3 in front of me (olly buckle)
- Organizations harassing me to donate money (j anfinson)
- when older people assume or insist something is better because it is what they are used to (KLJo)
- Insurance companies saying "No" to every claim (musichal)
- People smoking in non-smoking areas (shi)
- The terrible bores who make lists of all the things that annoy them (patrick)
- Motion sickness (kyle R)
- Gum on my shoe (kevin)
- WF members who don't identify by their location which country they are in (just rob)
- Justin Bieber (riis marshall) (probably the best one in almost 1000 responses!!!)
- Losing internet connection (shadow eyes)
- Tax exempt churches (pluralized)
- Trying to overtake a cyclist on a narrow country lane (kepharel)
- Anyone who believes only whites can be racist (jon M)
- People who eat mcdonalds (allysan)
- Bullies (buzz cargo)
- being yelled to by someone in another room (foolonamoon)
- People who follow rules when the reason for the rules no longer applies (dave billig)
- Misunderstanding words in my second language I know well (mesafalcon)
- "I got mine, too bad about you" (midnightpoet)
- My sisters (dgirl1986)
- People who don't know what an adverb is (book cook)(and that’s me!)
- Husbands who expect me to stop what i am doing just because they have caught me in bed with their wife (gofa)
- I intensely hate snow too nowadays (ultraroel)
- My husband. He annoys me often. (amsawtell)