Advertisers, Website promoters

If you only intend to advertise or promote a website, product, or opportunity to our members,
DO NOT REGISTER as a new member.

Click Here to obtain Admin permission to post your message as a guest promoter.

Promotions posted without Admin permission may be treated as spam.

Previously Banned members take note.
Click Here to apply for an Admin amnesty.

If you register another account, you breach the No Sock Puppets rule, which risks an instant permaban on discovery.

Page 1 of 297 1234567891151101201 ... LastLast

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

So... How'd Your Day Go?

Supplies!
    Life is really about the small things, those tiny reckonings and little surprises that notch our path. Have you ever had one of these noteworthy and interesting things come up, but since it's not big enough to warrant a thread, it mostly just goes un-shared? Well, this thread is for you.
    This thread is about all those day-to-day things.

So... how'd your day go?
    Welcome to WF!
    Feeling lost? Want to connect with experienced members of the forum? Then meet our talented staff of Mentors!
    They're always looking to help and advise and don't bite... much...

Blog Entries
    I had a very enjoyable day. I'm intoxicated, high, and stuffed.

Just got done kicking two peoples' asses in Fight Night. Workin' out a plan for a new piano composition.

I lol'd a lot today. Lulz.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Blog Entries
    Oh man,
    "Lol'd a lot".
    The very thought.
    How i envy you R.O.P.

Y'know? Someone asked me once, "what do you do for fun? And i couldn't remember.

I'm at a point in my life where i think i'd rather not now.

The grynch lives.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    If you mean yesterday then I have no idea. But I am still alive [I think] so I must have survived yesterday. If this is today.

Only I cannot remember what day it is today because the calendar above my monitor still sez it is March, and the one in my kitchen sez it is January, and I cannot be @rsed to check wot it sez on my computer as it might scare me.

And I still havva loada clocks to change to summer time.

Oh woe is me
    I think I am ready
    to be
    Soylent green
    Last edited by Sonata; April 6th, 2015 at 09:12 PM.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

Blog Entries
    Yesterday my wife got a surprise and was able to visit one of our former foster children for the day. I stayed home and baby-sitted the dogs. Bella, 11, is with another foster family (the mother lost all four of her kids several months ago and is pregnant again). Bella has told the state people she hates her mother and does not want to live with her again. Sad (and complicated) situation, but Bella is quite happy.
    "The blind may be leading the blind, but the seeing have been leading the seeing for years without any visible results."

"We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Walt Kelly's Pogo

If I hadn't spent so much time posting on this website I might have got further with today's task, tidying up my "workroom" which is so cluttered that I can't actually work in it or even barely get into it. After turning out much of the junk I found myself standing looking semi-moronically down at my feet, both next to each other in that room for the first time in months, and thinking "floor!" I felt a kindred spirit with the semi-moronic lift operator in Brave New World when he reaches the roof, the zenith of his existence. Unfortunately just like him I must return to the more common reality and put all the junk back somewhere, which may result in my beautiful vision of floor vanishing from sight again. For now though I am going to enjoy it for just a little longer.
    www.MensTemporum.uk - Fiction or prediction? What inspired my writing? Judge for yourself.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

I started work on my first from-scratch Oracle PL procedure. I am still debugging, but I'm pleased with what I've done.

I also did some administrative work that my supervisors really liked.

And I did my NaPoWriMo poem.

I made something complicated for dinner (a tuna/asparagus casserole) that my daughter decided she hates. Live and learn.

I pulled out an old musty poem of mine and have been having a ball playing with linear narratives and cliches. I have to work the overnight game reset at work tonight, but my piece from NaPoWriMo is done, at least for today. What I write is odd, but there is peace in knowing I'm one of the few who takes the time to heed the nonsense.

It's been a good day. Tried my hand at a video game and enjoyed it a good deal- been trying to ward off procrastination, but that's so hard in our modern society.

Anyway, I have coffee, my fiance, and the outdoors at the moment- life is good.

I had a minor breakdown at the hands of maths. The thought that something that could be so meaningless is the difference between continuing my degree or being set back and suffering another 9000 of debt is rather stressful.

However, I've had a lot of reminders recently of just why it is I'm in a relationship with my current girlfriend, so I have a lot more hope for it enduring.
    It didn't take long to realise
    The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
    Where she can't see you
    For her gaze, it blisters;
    Grey skin to cinders