Advertisers, Website promoters

If you only intend to advertise or promote a website, product, or opportunity to our members,
DO NOT REGISTER as a new member.

Click Here to obtain Admin permission to post your message as a guest promoter.

Promotions posted without Admin permission may be treated as spam.

Previously Banned members take note.
Click Here to apply for an Admin amnesty.

If you register another account, you breach the No Sock Puppets rule, which risks an instant permaban on discovery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changes for the New Year

Changes for the New Year

As it's the season of goodwill, the staff have decided to bring in some changes for the new year. We could be a bunch of old Scrooges and only alter things that benefit us, but we care about how the forum is for our members. At the moment nothing concrete has been agreed upon, and for the time being we cannot divulge any specifics, but we are confident that these changes will improve and augment members' experience here at WF. They have been in the works for a while now, but we've only been able to move towards them in the last few months. We ask for a little patience and time to put them into effect, but do keep your eye on this thread for any updates.

Thank you.
    Site Rules and Regs

My Website

My blog

My Novel

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Sam - just out of curiosity, what's the story regarding social networking and the site? I wanted to link this site to a couple friends on Facebook, but seems to be lacking a share function.

Is it something you're avoiding to encourage privacy among posters?

Strange, we had a share function for the longest time. Not sure where it's taken itself to. I'll forward the problem to our tech and see if we can get it reinstated.
    Site Rules and Regs

My Website

My blog

My Novel

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

So quick on the response. Thanks a lot, looking forward to the new year!

To keep you all updated: we'll be making an announcement on this sometime next week.
    Site Rules and Regs

My Website

My blog

My Novel

I think you should give us little hints. Then we can speculate and fight and get mad about the terrible things we imagine might happen. And when you tell us what's actually going to happen, we'll all be very relieved.

^ Like! ^

...and can it be in the form of riddles?
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

Or we could just start rumors!

lasm: Psst! Gargh! I heard Sam is going to make everyone spell color colour and theater theatre!
    Gargh: What's wrong with that?
    lasm: Why, it's British spelling tyranny, is what it is!
    Gargh: I think he might be Irish?
    lasm: Well... whatever, it's still tyranny!
    Gargh: Well, I heard that in order to post in Workshop, we're going to have to compose rhyming odes to one of the moderators.
    lasm: NO!
    Gargh: Yes! And then one of the poetry moderators will rate the ode, and you only get to post if they like it!
    lasm: Why, those--those bastards! They know I can't rhyme! And did you hear...
    [etc. etc.]

looking forward to it...well done
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by lasm View Post
    Or we could just start rumors!

lasm: Psst! Gargh! I heard Sam is going to make everyone spell color colour and theater theatre!
    Gargh: What's wrong with that?
    lasm: Why, it's British spelling tyranny, is what it is!
    Gargh: I think he might be Irish?
    lasm: Well... whatever, it's still tyranny!
    Gargh: Well, I heard that in order to post in Workshop, we're going to have to compose rhyming odes to one of the moderators.
    lasm: NO!
    Gargh: Yes! And then one of the poetry moderators will rate the ode, and you only get to post if they like it!
    lasm: Why, those--those bastards! They know I can't rhyme! And did you hear...
    [etc. etc.]
    Don't tell them I told you! Terrible isn't it. I mean you try rhyming some of those handles! Oh, and I think there'll be new types of sanction, including level one ballad composition. I've said too much... hide me....!
    “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast