Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Probably wrong board but lets discuss the awesomeness of this all the same.

Blog Entries

Probably wrong board but lets discuss the awesomeness of this all the same.

Letters of Note: You've got to sell your heart

This post in particular, but pretty much everything on the blog.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Blog Entries
    Wow. Felt like he was talking to me.
    "If you die, I'll kill you." - Zoro, One Piece
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my anime blog!

What a wonderful site! I am sitting on my hands, trying to resist the urge to impulse-buy the book.

I'm printing it out. It will be the first thing I see in the morning. Thanks for sharing.

Wow...thanks for sharing that! It's such a simple yet complex truth that all writers should hear.

*hugs*
    Jayelle
    "To be professional, you need to be professional." ~ Jayelle Cochran

My website
    | Facebook | Twitter | Blog

Doubtless the story was bad. But this is just typical Fitzgerald disagreeableness and B.S. Plus some generic platitudes that don't really say how to do anything.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. Steven Wright

The "PS" was the best part. In other words, "You seem to have what it takes to be a writer—now get to work."
    Publisher of the Durham Skywriter (http://www.durhamskywriter.com), Durham NC's online community paper, and host of TV Skywriter, Sundays 7pm USA Eastern time, on YouTube and Google+'s "Durham Skywriter" page. Currently working on my first nonfiction book, "And Then We Saw an Eye: Caring for a Loved-One with Alzheimer's at Home"

Would have been neat to have some real advice from him. I mean he took the time to reply which is cool; although he was a friend of the family. He never really told her what needed work though; matter of fact he said the work flowed well. I dare ask what else really matters? If your flow is well, then your story fits, and if your story fits then the work was well done, and if well done is your work then seems like a good system to me.

It's Fitzgerald -- great writers have the ability to skillfully weave banalities into things that seem rather profound.
    Last edited by JosephB; May 18th, 2013 at 08:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast