Thread: Account Deletion

Account Deletion

Recently the staff has had a number of requests from users who want their accounts deleted. This has always been a common theme, but is beginning to become prevalent across the board. For that reason, it has become necessary to make an announcement.

Unless confronted with a compelling (think 'utterly') reason, we will not delete a member's account. Doing so would delete all his/her threads and remove the posts of other active members. It is entirely within a member's right to edit their posts to nothing and leave the site, but we will not breach long-standing WF policy to accommodate their departure. Instead, if they relay to us what facilitated the desire to leave, we will work with them to resolve it -- but blanket deletion is out of the question.

Thank you.

There have been many requests for account deletion in the last few months. I'm bumping this thread so that new and old members will be reminded of WF policy when it comes to this matter.
    Site Rules and Regs

My Novel

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.