Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stuff You May Not Know How To Do

Stuff You May Not Know How To Do

In this thread, members can learn how to perform forum functions. If you're unsure of how to answer multiple posts simultaneously, or how to create a hyperlink, or insert a video into your post, this'll be the place to find out.

Help support good writing: Test Patterns.

"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

1.) How to answer multiple posts

It's pretty simple-the forum software has the facility.

Simply select the posts to answer, using the icon at the extreme lower right of each post, as in the example below (see the little checkmark?):

Then use your "reply" button.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot010.png 
Views:	327 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	2467

There you go, two quotes from your peers, all ready for your answer. Simply fill in the words you've been dying to share, as usual, and post when ready.
    Stay tuned to this channel for the next lesson. Thanks for your attention.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenShot009.png  
    Last edited by moderan; October 28th, 2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: wrong screenshot attached

"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

The Black Country, in the heart of England
    I get it, Mod. You'd think I'd know how to do this by now, but not so. I've always just copy and pasted and then used the quote facility from the tool bar.

Learn something new every day and all that.

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
    They may not mean to, but they do.
    They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

(This Be The Verse - Philip Larkin)

LOL....I used to do that, and I'd have three or four windows open, furiously copying and pasting my no-doubt immortal thoughts...
    Now if someone can figure out how to delete part of an attachment...that'd be a worthwhile addition to the thread.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    hey thank you Moderan... a much needed thread

It occurred to me that others may have the same issue. But you're welcome nonetheless.

Honoured/Sadly Missed The Backward OX's Avatar
    Up the Creek without a paddle, Queensland, Australia
    Okay, so how does one create a hyperlink?

This will be very useful to members. Thanks, mod.
    "The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn, the bird waits in the egg, and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of realities." ~ James Allen

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." ~ Henry Van Dyke

Oh yes thanks. I have been hoping for a thread like this.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix

What I'm looking at is how you've got options like Close this thread and Publish to facebook. That's probably 'cos you've got super-powers. Just clarifying, us members might get confused.
    "The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn, the bird waits in the egg, and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of realities." ~ James Allen

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." ~ Henry Van Dyke

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast