Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: WF on Facebook and Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sigg View Post
    Yeah, I recall him mentioning his facebook account for his "online persona" before, so I know it's not his real name. Also no pic, extra bland weaksauce.

I'm not big on pics; you may have noticed my lack of an avi here. I'm not very photogenic anyway--you've been spared some eye pain. besides, I'm not the only one without a picture of me on facebook. (ETA: There's a pic now, but it's not of me... or is it?)

As for the other thing, whatever. Ilasir isn't my "online persona". What a silly idea.
    Last edited by Ilasir Maroa; April 22nd, 2010 at 04:57 PM.
    "A plot-driven story is anything with a plot." ~BS
    All lines are arbitrary; otherwise, we wouldn't have to draw them. ~Nicholas Vesiri

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Yep, you would be one of them.

Well since I'm the only female so far it's pretty obvious.

AA- got to differentiate yourself from all the other Roberts. Surprised at how many there are for such a small group.
    Just noticed your pic is in Walmart. That cracks me up for some odd reason.

Ha, yes. I am taking pictures of "Angel Cat Sugar" China/Walmart's call to "Hello Kitty". I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it. What kind of name is "Angel Cat Sugar".

Quote Originally Posted by The Backward OX View Post
    Can someone explain to this dummy exactly what this does or what it achieves and how exactly it assists the writing process?
    I'm with OX.

Facebook is a place for friends to keep in contact, share news, and tell each other about their weekends. I reckon very few people go onto it searching for writing forums.
    Site Rules and Regs

My Novel

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Baron
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam W View Post
    I'm with OX.

Facebook is a place for friends to keep in contact, share news, and tell each other about their weekends. I reckon very few people go onto it searching for writing forums.
    In fact there are quite a few writing groups on Facebook.

I don't think it is THE long-term solution to the forum's problems, but it certainly doesn't do any harm. And I think some of us enjoy joining and seeing that there are in fact, real people and not evil communist robots typing all these haughty messages.

Quote Originally Posted by AA View Post
    Ha, yes. I am taking pictures of "Angel Cat Sugar" China/Walmart's call to "Hello Kitty". I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it. What kind of name is "Angel Cat Sugar".

A badly translated one?

Sam and NTO- There are many many writers groups on facebook. I don't know how many are specifically focused on forums, but there's a lot of info shared around on that site, so if someone saw one of their friends in the group, I think a fair number would give the site a look. I'm not saying it would contribute greatly to a flow of new members, but still.
    All lines are arbitrary; otherwise, we wouldn't have to draw them. ~Nicholas Vesiri

Seriously, what's with the negativity? No one claimed that a facebook group would solve WF's problems. It's just another thing to build more of a community and to reach out to potential members.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigg View Post
    Seriously, what's with the negativity? No one claimed that a facebook group would solve WF's problems. It's just another thing to build more of a community and to reach out to potential members.

Lol, looks like those complaints about general negativity around here are not unwarranted. Although it's much what you would expect from NTO. Little surprised that Sam's pitching in, though.

What does NTO stand for?

Baron
    It's easier to try than to prove it can't be done.